HELP!!! Giant puddle killed my Jeep - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > HELP!!! Giant puddle killed my Jeep

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-19-2009, 04:50 AM   #31
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like your fuel pump isn't getting juice; I'd check that fuse specifically and replace it no matter what it looks like.
If it turns over, it isn't hydro locked.
The other alternative is the cpu being fried.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #32
pyrophil
2009 JK Wrangler 

have you checked all your fuses. My 2500hd did the same thing. It had a blown fuse in the electronic engine control. the water could have grounded a circuit out. just a thought
pyrophil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #33
pyrophil
2009 JK Wrangler 

i meant relays
pyrophil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #34
taj8250
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well it's at the dealership so we'll see what they say. Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I am in an apartment in downtown Atlanta and the Jeep is parked on the first floor by the leasing office. It's not in a good spot to start doing an oil change and pullin plugs, fuses, and relays. I technically am an employee of the complex so I can't really tear her down out there. Hopefully the dealership will come through.
taj8250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #35
traderdan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well don't worry to much. Worst case you did hydro it and insurance will replace your engine. Hope all goes well. I know I was stressed out when it happened until I found out insurance covers things like that.
traderdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #36
taj8250
2008 JK Wrangler 

Dealership called. They got to it just before they closed up shop. Said it isn't hydrolocked, but they couldn't find the simple fix. They'll tear into it Monday morning. So again, I ask myself...this happened to a Jeep? I'll play in the dirt, but you sure as hell won't catch me near anymore water.
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #37
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Dude, I go through insane amounts of water.
Sometimes you just catch a bad bounce...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #38
MacK
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Be sure to keep us updated.
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #39
taj8250
2008 JK Wrangler 

Dealer called...I twisted and kinked a metal fuel line that now has to be replaced. Which makes sense as far as how it was acting. I'm still amazed that a puddle did it, but oh well. The f'ed up part though is now I'm outta pocket for $500. Part will be in tonight and fixed tomorrow. FML...right before Xmas.
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #40
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj8250 View Post
Dealer called...I twisted and kinked a metal fuel line that now has to be replaced. Which makes sense as far as how it was acting. I'm still amazed that a puddle did it, but oh well. The f'ed up part though is now I'm outta pocket for $500. Part will be in tonight and fixed tomorrow. FML...right before Xmas.
There better be a sequel to this thread. In over 2 years, I've never heard of this on a JK ...actually dating back to 97, I've never seen it happen on a TJ either... What happened just before you hit the puddle? Did you mod anything that failed or got in the way to cause a buckled fuel line??
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #41
taj8250
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's bone stock. I hit the puddle at like 30mph. Tracked straight through it, I hit nothing. I go through this same puddle everytime it rains without any problems.
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:02 AM   #42
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

A puddle's splash wouldn't bend a fuel line.

Check for something else that was pushed by the water or that is loose.

Unread 12-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #43
taj8250
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well it's at the dealer now. They called and said that was what they found. I can't get up to the dealer to see it. I find it hard to believe too, but I'll take a look when I get up there tomorrow. Maybe there was a tree branch or something like that in the water, I dunno.
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #44
BlueLesPaul2006
2012 JK Wrangler 

So what happened? did they find anything?

Dang, all this time and I thought it was the famous Jeep Wave!! ~bluegrassguitar
BlueLesPaul2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #45
BuckeyeMac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Holy old thread batman...interesting story though.
BuckeyeMac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.