Help: Daystar Dash Panel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help: Daystar Dash Panel

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Maldoro
2007 JK Wrangler 

Help: Daystar Dash Panel

I sold my trail guide and gave the original dash panel with the unit. I didn't realize I needed the clips for the Daystar panel. Anyone know where I can get clips that work or steal them from other parts of the Jeep. Dealer stated it will take two weeks to order and they were like 5 bucks a piece.

Maldoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sorry to step on your thread so soon, so I'll answer your question first No, I cant think of anywhere to get them except from the dealer. I think these JK's are too new to start a successful junkyard search yet.

BUT.... I was curious, could you take a pic with the panel off? Im contemplating the idea of fabricating some kind of cubby to put there, but dont want to go forward unless its remotely possible.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
JohnRodriguez
1989 YJ Wrangler 

pull your grill of and steal a couple of them off the bottom clips.
89 Wrangler, 2.5L TBI, D30 Truetrac 4.56 gear front, Super 35 4.56 gears rear, 31" BFG Mud's, 15x9" weld racing pro-stars XP's, 2.5" rancho and 1.25" shackels, superior axles. rear wilwood disc brakes

2008 wrangler x unlimited. Stone white. Motech 5.3L LS Chevy
JohnRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
Maldoro
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Sorry to step on your thread so soon, so I'll answer your question first No, I cant think of anywhere to get them except from the dealer. I think these JK's are too new to start a successful junkyard search yet.

BUT.... I was curious, could you take a pic with the panel off? Im contemplating the idea of fabricating some kind of cubby to put there, but dont want to go forward unless its remotely possible.
Not a whole lot of room under the dash panel. The radio is right there, plus the compass is there as well. If you have ever seen the Daystar panel, you would get a good idea of how much room is under there. I'll see if I can take some shots of it
Unread 10-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #5
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

dealer is probably your best bet...

keep us posted on how the "daystar" fits.
Unread 10-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
JasonA13
2008 JK Wrangler 

Let us know how that panel works out for you! I was definitly looking in to getting one. There is not really anywhere in the jeep to lay sunglasses garage door ect.. with easy access. Does it look like the color matches pretty well?.
JasonA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #7
jd1066
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't know about the clips, but I do have a picture of the dash panel. The color matches well.

jd1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
DavidJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Man, I wish their logo wasn't on it. I'd even pay a few more dollars for one without.
DavidJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #9
Maldoro
2007 JK Wrangler 

I took two clips off of the front grill. Don't know if they were the same clips. I had to pop the clips in first then press the panel into it. Looks like a good fit. The only issue I noticed that it was a little tight across the front. Not a even gap between the Daystar panel front lip and the dash. I can live with it.
Unread 10-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1066 View Post
I don't know about the clips, but I do have a picture of the dash panel. The color matches well.

OH... that panel. I was talking about this one.

Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJK View Post
Man, I wish their logo wasn't on it. I'd even pay a few more dollars for one without.
Iím with you on that one. Thatís the only reason I wonít buy it. That logo is just way too big and it makes it look like a cheep add-on.
Unread 10-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #12
oliron

I have one and like it, The only problem is the compass modual is mounted to the bottom, If you lay your cell phone on it the compass will go bonkers.

Harold
oliron is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.