Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help: Daystar Dash Panel

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  oliron 
#1 ·
I sold my trail guide and gave the original dash panel with the unit. I didn't realize I needed the clips for the Daystar panel. Anyone know where I can get clips that work or steal them from other parts of the Jeep. Dealer stated it will take two weeks to order and they were like 5 bucks a piece.

#2 ·
Sorry to step on your thread so soon, so I'll answer your question first ;) No, I cant think of anywhere to get them except from the dealer. I think these JK's are too new to start a successful junkyard search yet.

BUT.... I was curious, could you take a pic with the panel off? Im contemplating the idea of fabricating some kind of cubby to put there, but dont want to go forward unless its remotely possible.

#4 ·
Not a whole lot of room under the dash panel. The radio is right there, plus the compass is there as well. If you have ever seen the Daystar panel, you would get a good idea of how much room is under there. I'll see if I can take some shots of it

#3 ·
pull your grill of and steal a couple of them off the bottom clips.

#5 ·
dealer is probably your best bet...

keep us posted on how the "daystar" fits.

#6 ·
Let us know how that panel works out for you! I was definitly looking in to getting one. There is not really anywhere in the jeep to lay sunglasses garage door ect.. with easy access. Does it look like the color matches pretty well?.

#9 ·
I took two clips off of the front grill. Don't know if they were the same clips. I had to pop the clips in first then press the panel into it. Looks like a good fit. The only issue I noticed that it was a little tight across the front. Not a even gap between the Daystar panel front lip and the dash. I can live with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.