Help on configuring/finding 2012 or 2013 JKU Sport S - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help on configuring/finding 2012 or 2013 JKU Sport S

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 07-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
spiegeljb
2012 JK Wrangler 

Help on configuring/finding 2012 or 2013 JKU Sport S

I have a few questions, not sure if this is the right place to put them, but I am interested in purchasing either a 2012 or a 2013 JKU Sport S.

Some of the packages I am seeing online don't really make sense and I am willing to travel for the best match and save the most money if possible.

I am mainly looking for a JKU with the 23S package this includes the following:
Vehicle with standard equipment;
17" x 7.5" aluminum wheels;
Chromed and leather wrapped shift knob;
Deep tint sunscreen windows;
Leather wrapped steering wheel;
P255/75R17 outside white lettering all-terrain tires;
Power convenience group;
Power heated mirrors; Power locks;
Power windows with 1-touch down front windows;
Remote keyless entry; Security alarm

These add-ons seem very necessary but at a price of $1,998 invoice I am not sure it is the right move.

I drove a rental 2 door Sport-S for about a month when out traveling in Utah and fell in love with the leather wrapped steering wheel, but I have noticed that the power group and connectivity group seem to cover most of these but I am unsure about a few things.

Instead of the 23S is it possible to find one with just the power and connectivity group? and if possible does that come standard with AC? From what I have read the 23C group (completely stock) does not have AC on a JKU but all the stickers for those JKUs say they have AC?

If you buy the 23S and add the connectivity group arent you paying full price for things you already have from the 23S?

I am mainly trying to save the most money possible by not spending unnecessary money on tires and wheels (they are all over CL for sale, but I am really looking for bigger tires / new wheels)

Besides that package, is there anyway possible to haggle the dealer into installing 3.73 gears? It comes from the factory with them for a 75 dollar charge or 320 with the max tow package (both I am interested in) but I cannot find ANY 2012s with these gears in them near my area 01748. If the dealer would install them as part of the deal for the factory price of 95 (or 50?) bucks that would be sweet, but from what I hear its normally a ~$1000 dollar job. (I would like to run 33s or 35s)

Anyway, any help with this would be great, if the AC doesn't come stock on the JKU then I might have to bite the bullet on the 23S and sell my tires like everyone else, but I still would like to find one with the upgraded gearing.

Example Stock JKU with AC?

Ideal Jeep but is the 23S necessary?

If this isn't possible on the 2012 I may end up looking to customize a 2013 with these same options but I am worried about the price. If anyone can shed some light on the $$ of the 2012 to the 2013 I am trying to pickup something for a steal after the new model releases

spiegeljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

wranglers never have 'sales' on them. Jeep has NEVER had any problems selling wranglers, they arnt like other cars.when the whole country was in recession and companies were shutting down plants, chrysler was expanding the Jeep plant and adding shifts. ever since the JK plant opened in 2006 it hasn't slowed down. they can't make them fast enough. any minor incentives you'd gain on a '12 over a '13 wouldn't be worth my time and effort personally. id rather throw an extra 1000 at something to get exactly what i want, you're already spending 30 grand.

what id suggest is order exactly what you want in a 2013, that way you're happy with no regrets.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
SRM
2012 JK Wrangler 

I don't know about haggling the dealer for gears, but I recommend getting the 3:73's.
[B]Mine[/B]: 2012 Sport S, Black, de-badged, Auto, Power/Connectivity, and damn proud of my 3:21's :)
[B]Hers[/B]: 2010 Sahara, dual top, all the goodies...

[I]No, I'm not a Mall Crawler. I've driven over a curb 2, maybe 3 times... :)[/I]

Previous: 2010 Camaro SS, 2007 WRX, 2000 Camaro Z28, and various 2nd gen f-bodies...
SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think you mean 24S package and yes opt for the 3.73 gears with max tow package. The connectivity group is nice adds the to the price a bit opt for the sound system upgrade as well with the sub woofer. I ended up ordering this time from the dealer with all the options and color because they couldn't find one in 48 states with the options I wanted. You may not be able to haggle as much on an order vs one on the lot but have fun finding one with everything you do or don't want on a lot somewhere. You could drop the price a bit with a soft top only version.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
spiegeljb
2012 JK Wrangler 

The 23S package is the same as the 24S but with a manual instead of a standard.

I think I may have found a jeep that fits my selection but I am trying to figure out pricing.

Anyone have ideas on if a dealer will credit back a Sirius radio or a hardtop when you want a softop?

PRICE INFORMATION
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE OF
THIS MODEL INCLUDING DEALER PREPARATION
Base Price: $ 25,545
JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4X4
Exterior Color:Bright White Clear Coat Exterior Paint
Interior Color:Black Interior Color
Interior:Cloth Seats with Adjustable Head Restraints
Engine:3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine
Transmission:6-Speed Manual Transmission
STANDARD EQUIPMENT (UNLESS REPLACED BY
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT)
FUNCTIONAL/SAFETY FEATURES
Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Electronic Stability Control
4-Wheel Disc Anti-Lock Brakes
Traction Control
Hydraulic Brake Assist
Electronic Roll Mitigation
Hill Start Assist
Command-Trac(R) Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD System
Speed Control
Next Generation Dana(R) 44 Heavy Duty Rear Axle
Next Generation Dana(R) 30 Solid Front Axle
3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
22.5-Gallon Fuel Tank
Sentry Key(R) Theft Deterrent System
Tire Pressure Monitor with Warning Lamp
Sport Bar with Full Padding
INTERIOR FEATURES
Air Conditioning
Media Center 130 CD/MP3
6 Speakers
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
Temperature and Compass Gauge
Tilt Steering Column
Reclining Front Seats
Height-Adjustable Driver's Seat
Rear 60 / 40 Split Folding Seat
Auxiliary 12-Volt Power Outlet
Rear Compartment Covered Storage
Full-Length Floor Console
Front Seat Back Map Pockets
Cargo Tie-Down Loops
Rearview Day / Night Mirror
Premium Instrument Cluster with Tachometer
Front Dome with On/Off Switch Lamp
Rear Dome Lamp with On/Off Switch
Front and Rear Floor Mats
Sliding Sun Visors with Mirrors
EXTERIOR FEATURES
16-Inch Styled Steel Wheels
P225/75R16 BSW On/Off-Road Tires
Two Front Tow Hooks and One Rear Tow Hook
Fog Lamps
Sunrider(R) Soft Top
Full Metal Doors with Roll-up Windows
PRICE INFORMATION (contd.)
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 23S $ 2,245
P255/75R17 OWL On/Off-Road Tires
17-Inch Aluminum Wheels
Power Convenience Group
Power Heated Mirrors
Power Windows with Front One-TouchDown Feature
Power Locks
Remote Keyless Entry
Security Alarm
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Chrome / Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Connectivity Group $ 385
Remote USB Port
Electronic Vehicle Information Center
Uconnect(R) Voice Command with
Bluetooth
Max Tow Package $ 320
Class II Receiver Hitch
Trailer Sway Damping
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
Trailer Tow with 4-Pin Wiring Connector
Slush Mats by Mopar(R) $ 75
Trac-Lok(R) Limited Slip Rear Differential $ 295
Tubular Side Steps $ 395
Black 3-Piece Hard Top $ 735
Delete Sunrider Soft Top
Freedom Panel Storage Bag
Rear Window Defroster
Rear Window Wiper / Washer
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
Subscription
$ 195
For More Information, Call
1-888-539-7474
DESTINATION CHARGE $ 900
TOTAL PRICE:* $ 31,090
Dealer is asking $29,490
spiegeljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Ditch the tubular side steps and add the 7 speaker stereo with sub. The price of the steps is close to a good pair of sliders. I had a 2011 with the 6 speaker system horrible and costly to upgrade went with the 7 speaker infinity in the 2012 worth it.Price seems about right for an auto don't know if it should be a little cheaper with the 6spd.?? Nice color choice.Good luck

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

get rid of the steel wheels shortly after purchase/deliverly btw I have 5 rubicon take offs with 33s
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer , jeep , jk , jku , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.