HELP!CLUTCH REPLACEMET WITH >6K miles - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > HELP!CLUTCH REPLACEMET WITH >6K miles

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 06-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Why don't you try a different dealership with a better story

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Why don't you try a different dealership with a better story
x2....dealerships are night and day about which one will cover wheeled/modded Jeeps, only polished Barbie Jeeps, or none of the above. Look around, even if it means going a long way, like to Baltimore or Montgomery Co. You just have a crappy Jeep dealer, and I'd let people know it, too

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #18
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

Why should I use a different story? A Jeep wrangler that is "Trail rated" should not have the clutch slipping when the terrain is different. Especially, when the traction control was disabled.
LTGreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
think about it. Its bogging down you do not down shift, go to LOW range? really just floor it? so the pentaticker tries to lay down its 285 horse power and the clutch don't hold? No you should have been in Low range in 5th if you needed to go fast. when it bogged you could have went to all those gears in low to first. heck its only a 2:73 ish low right? not like its a rubi with 4:1 low and can be to slow in some sands.

It BOGGED down in what I am saying in 1st 4x4 HIGH range. Driver should have went to low range BEFORE he went wot against the friction of sand and 4x4. This is like basic off road stuff.

No offense just the way I see it. It was BOGGING down in first high. then go to 5th low and work your way down to first again and if that don't work you are really ******. better regear the heep.
I was not bogging down, I was driving and hit soft sand and I started to loose power! Then I stopped and put it in 4wd low, and had no trouble fiind traction. After, that I got scared and was costing on other people's tracks with no soft sand. I started loosing power again and started down shifting.

I have driven on the sand before "Moble support unit" as we were called by our commander. My clutch was slipping, this is a 2013 jeep wrangler and it's not suppose to do that.

I don't ride my clutch, I didn't pop my clutch because I didn't want to spin my wheels and dig myself in a deeper hole.

i know how to dig myself out of a sand trap, by driving back and forth to slowly flatten any sort of sand build up around my tires.
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTGreek View Post
The dealership I am at will not cover it.
Again... the million dollar question (or maybe half-million):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
Did the dealership look at it or did you just tell them what happened?
If you simply told the dealership what happened and they immediately told you to **** off, you should talk to the management. If you took it down there and had them actually look at it and they still rejected it, time for a new dealership.

You probably need to take it somewhere else regardless, but there's no reason why any dealership shouldn't make the effort to at least look and properly diagnose your still brand-new vehicle.
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
Again... the million dollar question (or maybe half-million):

If you simply told the dealership what happened and they immediately told you to **** off, you should talk to the management. If you took it down there and had them actually look at it and they still rejected it, time for a new dealership.

You probably need to take it somewhere else regardless, but there's no reason why any dealership shouldn't make the effort to at least look and properly diagnose your still brand-new vehicle.
Thank you, they didn't even bother to do a proper diagnostic. All they did was look at the pieces of clutch on the bell housing and called mopar and said that I don't know how to drive a clutch.

Do you think that it would be worth to tow it to another dealer?
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #22
ncb

Sounds like traction control ****ed you up on the sand. How long did you rev the engine before the clutch turned in to smoke?
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Sounds like traction control ****ed you up on the sand. How long did you rev the engine before the clutch turned in to smoke?
I know, thing like abs, esp, and the anti-spin differentials, traction control, etc cause problem in the sand. I did this a lot in my TJ, which had no of the above lol. The second I lost power I kick it into 4wd low, because I had no idea what could of been causing the power loss, but it continued to happen as I was cruising in compacted sand.

Last edited by LTGreek; 06-22-2013 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: spelling
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

and yes, my stock radical tires were aired down to 15 psi....
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #25
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

The point of this thread was to find other people that have had their clutch fail and therefore, cause it to slip.

I never got bogged down

my vehicle died on me...
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think they should cover it... maybe try another dealer?

I call shenanigans on the people saying it's your fault. ...I had trouble in my TJ where I couldn't get back in 4 low in soft sand wheeling & even some little hill/ledges & I moderately cooked my clutch on my way out of the trail.... the next day it was fine. ..I'm sure that to trip shortened the life a bit though.

In my buddy's 07 he had his clutch slip real bad in soft sand on an incline. ..but his was fine after

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Clutch is a wear item and is only covered for 12 months/12k miles on a new Jeep. If you have had your JK for less than 12 months they should fix it.
I found this link (and many other great links)

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...ontrol_system/

By the way, thanks for the great links to information. I alway try go through them before I ask something. It's a great organization of information for somebody that does a lot a research before they buy an aftermarket part and for someone that has a lot to learn about jeeps and off roading, like myself.
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTGreek View Post
Why should I use a different story? A Jeep wrangler that is "Trail rated" should not have the clutch slipping when the terrain is different. Especially, when the traction control was disabled.
You should use a different story because Jeep gives people a difficult time when they are trying to get something warrantied and have taken it off-road. That "trail rated" badge mine as well be tossed into the garbage because Jeep doesn't stand behind it on a warranty claim. And yes it's a 12m/12k mile warranty but Jeep doesn't have to repair it under warranty if the vehicle was being off-roaded at the time of the issue and "abused".

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

Italy seems to be getting it's revenge for WWII one voided American Jeep warranty at a time.
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #30
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^ as opposed to one brand-new dropped rifle at a time.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
clutch , dealership , jku , warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.