help!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > help!!!!

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
xjwheeler777

help!!!!

ok so me and my buddy went wheeling yesterday up at middle st varian we hit quite a few water crossingings that are fairly deep. my buddy has an 09 wrangler we were on the trail and he just kinda popped the clutch and killed it . after starting it back up he put it in to first and nothing... second nothing... third nothing.. pretty much nothing at all.. the jeep would start so it did not seem like the clutch you could put it in to gear while the rig is running and there is just nothing. i heard somewhere that if the trans gets to much water retention that it will just shut the trans down. does anybody have any idea please help so we can get his azz back on the trail

xjwheeler777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

general rule never press the clutch when in water......
Unread 07-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Transfer case in neutral?
Maybe the linkage to the transfer case broke. Very common event.
You can try putting the transfer case in gear by crawling under an moving the lever on top of the case.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'd get it towed home, drain the transmission fluid, flush it, and refill it with new tranny fluid before driving it, just to be safe.

Sorry this happened to him. But as stated earlier, don't shift a manual in the water/mud. Hopefully, no real harm done.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.