Heater Core Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater Core Replacement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Heater Core Replacement

Ok, so I have the dreaded "No heat on driver's side vent" issue that is indicative of sediment in the heater core.

This would suck no matter what, but the fact that our warranty ran out a few months ago means I'm stuck paying for it out of pocket if I go to the dealership.

F. That.

I'm fully capable of making my own repairs, thankyouverymuch.

So....has anyone actually replaced the heater core themselves on the JKs? Any write-ups? Or is it really that bad that it's worth having someone else do it?

I'm going to try a serious flush/reverse flush/rinse/repeat on the core (plan on using a drill-powered pump after a hint on a previous thread), but I'm not too confident in that solving the problem.

Anyone have any insights into removing the dash? Surely someone must have done it for a custom roll-cage or something.... What's involved?

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

There are a couple of threads on other forums where people have totally removed the front dash for a custom roll cage...but not sure that is really what you need to do. I would get ahold of the maintenance manual (hard or CD version) and follow the steps in there. I think it is removed from under the dash without a total dash remove needed.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.