Headlights on/off and stay off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlights on/off and stay off

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
cyber0ne
2010 JK Wrangler 

Headlights on/off and stay off

Ok I have done some searching and have found people posting with same issue but never see a resolution.... so Im just going to ask it and hope nobody minds....

Lights are stock, no off road lights or anything of that nature.
This has happened 3 or 4 times in past year to me. I turn the low beams on, they flicker on off on off and then stay off, I blink my Highs and same thing...go back to lows and nothing at all. I turn the jeep off, wait a second and turn it back on and same thing.
Past times anywhere from 20minutes to 2 hours later they start working fine, however issue happened last night and this morning still not working.

Would rather spend money on new bumpers then replacing random parts for this issue so hoping someone else has had a issue like this and might be able to point me in the right direction.

I was thinking of replacing the Headlight switch ( http://www.rubitrux.com/multi-functi...angler-jk.html) to see if that helps, and maybe picking up new lights from Autozone? But again if someone else had this issue and might help that would be great!

Jeep is a 2010 Sport Unlimitted

Thanks

cyber0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
krutj
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I would check the relays first........
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
BadHammers
2013 JK Wrangler 

JK's start to do weird things when their battery begins to go south. I'd check the battery first... look for corrosion and have it discharge tested.
Jeeps past: 2001 XJ, 2008 JK
BadHammers is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.