Headlight Shootout - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlight Shootout

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 01-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #736
TRAUMAhead
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAdventure View Post
Right, but it doesn't come with the harness right? just the housing the easy h13 to h4 clips and a couple bulbs
Comes with the harness.

Quote:
Includes:

Two Hella 7" E-Code Headlamps

Two H4 60/55W Bulbs

Plug and Play Harness

Installation Instructions.

TRAUMAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #737
NewAdventure
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok. My buddy with a TJ said he threw some silver star ultras in his stock hosing and he loves them. I feel ill love them even more with the hella ecoode and h4 capabilities. A lot of people love them so i might spring for them. Just for want to be let down going rom a 6k hid kit(in my g8) to these but i ended up with the IPF housing and 35K 5000K DDM HIDs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by NewAdventure; 01-19-2014 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: bought lights
NewAdventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #738
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm back in a JK!!!

And how did I spend my money?

JW Speaker 8700 Evos and 6145 fogs.
I had to splice on the supplied connector for the fogs on my '14 ---- and they flicker. I didn't scope the circuit yet and have a call in to Jason Speaker to see if the modulation will harm the LEDs.
You really can't notice the flicker unless you put a white board in front of them.
And the fogs are great, do what a foglight is supposed to do, fill in the gap between the vehicle and the spread of the 8700. They're for bad weather when you're going slow and need to find the lines and the curbs.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #739
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosports View Post
The harness for the Bi-halogen is different enough from the H13 to H4 harness that is can not easily be converted. The Bi-Halogen kit includes a new plug and play harness.

When you sell the Truck-lites, sell the harness with them. The next owner will need need them.

The lamps come with a standard H9 if there is such a thing. The H9 is the hottest stock wattage bulb out there. It is similar to a Philips X-treme Power in that it is a Xenon bulb with no color filter. The Stock H9 makes 2100 lumens compared with an H7 that makes about 1500.

Hella makes a Xenon blue version of the H9 in both stock wattage (65w) and high wattage (100w). There is even an All-Weather (yellow) version available. We stock all of these bulbs. A stock H9 goes for about $21. Go to our website for more info.
http://www.rallylights.com/all/light....html?cat=1834

Regards,

Dave Sekella
Susquehanna Motorsports
13994 Kutztown Rd.
Fleetwood, PA 19522
610-944-3233
Fax: 610-944-3234
dave@rallylights.com
www.rallylights.com
I had H9s in my Power Wagon, Dave.
They are all that and a side of fries...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #740
Double_DD-s

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a set of KC LED Headlights on order... I am pretty excited to get them, and get them installed. Damn things are on backorder until April 1.
Double_DD-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #741
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Why the KCs over the TLs?
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #742
Double_DD-s

2008 JK Wrangler 

From the best that I can tell, the TLs and the KCs are effectively equal (cost, install, performance). I like being just a little bit different than others. I can't say that everyone has TLs, but essentially nobody has KCs.
Unread 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #743
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_DD-s
From the best that I can tell, the TLs and the KCs are effectively equal (cost, install, performance). I like being just a little bit different than others. I can't say that everyone has TLs, but essentially nobody has KCs.
I've read the KCs are rebranded Petersons. But I don't have firsthand knowledge.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #744
Double_DD-s

2008 JK Wrangler 

They could be rebranded something, I don't mind. I feel confident that KC wouldn't attach their name to an inferior product. I am also more than positive the TLs are badass. I just want something different (although from 10' away they look the same).
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #745
jfive
dos heeps

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
I'm back in a JK!!!

And how did I spend my money?

Excellent choice IMO!
jw-speaker.jpg

'88 YJ
jfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #746
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

You're a smart man, John.

Unread 03-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #747
JeepCO12
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
You're a smart man, John.
Agreed - nice fogs! I went a bit further though and added the driving lights as well (paranoid about those deer!).
jeep-trees-crop2.jpg  
jeep-land.jpg

JeepCO12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #748
JeepCO12
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just looked back up the thread a few posts and saw Bill's comment about the flicker. I bought the Trucklite anti-flicker harness because I wanted to wire my driving lights so they would be activated by the stalk / high beams. To do that, I would need smooth current to stop the relay from chattering. So I tapped in to the smoothed high beam circuit of the TL harness. I figured the extra draw of the relay control circuit should not upset the TL circuitry. Well it kind of works. Sometimes I can hear the relay getting chattery and sometimes not - which makes no sense. I have been meaning to call TL about it but not got to it yet. Most of the time there is no chatter (and no flicker) and then I'll hear a bzzzz from under the hood.

Anyway - for anyone who might be interested here is the diagram. There is a master switch inside the cab (on an SPOD unit) and the high beam circuit on the TL harness activates the relay. This way I can have fogs / low beam and driving lights / high beam and avoid blinding oncoming drivers with a flick of the stalk. I'll be interested to hear Bill's findings on the Speaker harness...

Edit - nm I read Bill does not have the anti-flicker harness just looking into effect of flickering on the LEDs
d-lights-spod-circuit.jpg  
JeepCO12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 12:14 AM   #749
jfive
dos heeps

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCO12 View Post
Agreed - nice fogs! I went a bit further though and added the driving lights as well (paranoid about those deer!).
Sweet! I've been eyeing the pencil beams.
'88 YJ
jfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #750
justinyancey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Has anyone tried/have any feedback on the Vision X Optimus series lights?
justinyancey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.