Headlight Shootout - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlight Shootout

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #646
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Those are super nice. I want to buy a couple sets of a knock off brand that looks virtually the same.

Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #647
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Just because they look the same doesn't mean they perform the same. Far from it.

One of my best friends just picked up a set of lifetime LEDs and they're literally garbage.

You get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #648
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes but at the same time...companies mark up the crap out of their products. Its ridiculous that you have to pay over $200 for one Rigid Industries Dually (their D2s cost even more) when there are products out there that look and perform the same (suposedly) that only cost $150 for a set. Granted you do have a good point but LEDs are kind of a gray area since most of them are made by the same manufacturers in China or elsewhere and badged in the US by whatever company. I'm not claiming that as a fact when it comes to RI but theres two companies that I've seen who sell products that look almost the exact same. One is on Amazon and the other is a Dallas/Fort Worth off road LED lighting shop so my guess is there are plenty more that look the same and thay're made at the same or similar plants in China or elsewhere.
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #649
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

There isn't a lot of mark up on the US manufactured LEDs. High output CREE LEDs are not cheap. The lenses are not either.

Unread 04-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #650
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Even if they use the same CREE leds and copy the reflector and Lens design they cannot copy the control circuit and the firmware it's running. A good control circuit can push much higher output without killing the LED.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #651
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

And protect them in low voltage situations too.

Rigid uses ARM cortex chipsets to my knowledge.

High output LED control systems are extremely complex, much more so than the ballast system for an HID

Unread 04-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #652
bubbajk
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Yes but at the same time...companies mark up the crap out of their products. Its ridiculous that you have to pay over $200 for one Rigid Industries Dually (their D2s cost even more) when there are products out there that look and perform the same (suposedly) that only cost $150 for a set. Granted you do have a good point but LEDs are kind of a gray area since most of them are made by the same manufacturers in China or elsewhere and badged in the US by whatever company. I'm not claiming that as a fact when it comes to RI but theres two companies that I've seen who sell products that look almost the exact same. One is on Amazon and the other is a Dallas/Fort Worth off road LED lighting shop so my guess is there are plenty more that look the same and thay're made at the same or similar plants in China or elsewhere.
I try to buy American as much as I can!! Try that is..
bubbajk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #653
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

One of our Canadian major chain stores carry Rigid lights under the name of Kolpin ( same company that has the hard gun cases). $219 for a pair of Dually.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #654
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpks View Post
HIDs are not legal in my state and blind the other drives.
Or the other 49.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #655
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosports View Post
If you are interested in the wiring harness from Susquehanna Motorsports to prevent the flicker of LED headlamps, go to this link
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4887
and select part number HL28130J from the drop down menu.

Regards,

Dave Sekella
Susquehanna Motorsports
13994 Kutztown Rd.
Fleetwood, PA 19522
610-944-3233
Fax: 610-944-3234
dave@rallylights.com
www.rallylights.com
It's been nothing but silence from Truck Lite and we are well past the January timeframe for their anti-flicker dongle. Looks like I'm saving up for the wiring harness from Susquehanna Motorsports.
Probably the best option really. I only wish the price didn't sting quite so bad.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #656
spesrf25
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFusion View Post
It's been nothing but silence from Truck Lite and we are well past the January timeframe for their anti-flicker dongle. Looks like I'm saving up for the wiring harness from Susquehanna Motorsports.
Probably the best option really. I only wish the price didn't sting quite so bad.
I'm with ya. I finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and bought the rally lights harness, too. By the time Truck-lites come out with the dongle, it'll be time to buy the next gen Wrangler.
spesrf25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #657
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

What happened with the person who was going to cut his open and list the $5 in parts?
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #658
bubbajk
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto
One of our Canadian major chain stores carry Rigid lights under the name of Kolpin ( same company that has the hard gun cases). $219 for a pair of Dually.
That's weird since Ridgids are made in AZ
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #659
bubbajk
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio
What happened with the person who was going to cut his open and list the $5 in parts?
I've been busy doing other stuff a d actually forgot to log on here.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #660
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Anyone care for Delta Quad Bar Xenon Headlamp Kit? It's pretty affordable for a complete headlight kit. Just curious

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.