Headlight Shootout - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlight Shootout

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #166
O2BDrty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
I don't believe that Daniel Stern Lighting has any Z-beams left; they've been out of production for a decade.
The regular Cibies are less expensive and work great.
Out of all the reviews you did what was your personal conclusion and what are you running now? I like the JW Speakers myself and I'm concerned about the flicker. What is the best setup for these and:

How about a writeup on the JW Speakers then. I have a 2007 Jk I would like to put them into

Thanks

O2BDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #167
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BDrty View Post
Out of all the reviews you did what was your personal conclusion and what are you running now? I like the JW Speakers myself and I'm concerned about the flicker. What is the best setup for these and:

How about a writeup on the JW Speakers then. I have a 2007 Jk I would like to put them into

Thanks
I liked the Speakers best overall ---- but they don't perform the best in an objective comparison.
The Cibies have the best wash of light; the Hellas put the most light straight forward. The Speakers live in the middle.
I liked the LEDs for the simple fact that they'll last forever.

Flicker and other bugs are gotten rid of by using a full harness from Rallylights; same harness that you'd use for their Hella kit or Dan Stern's Cibie kit.

Putting the Speakers in or the Sylvania/Valeo HIDs will involve trimming the buckets and tipping the airbag sensors a few degrees; I believe I have this somewhere in the tread.
I can't tell a person to do this; it has to be their own decision. By doing it, you're messing with a safety system on your Jeep. It's a thing you do willingly and on your own.

I traded the Jeep for a Power Wagon, BTW.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #168
tarrbaby
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hopefully it was a brand new power wagon....

Sent from Mars
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #169
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrbaby View Post
Hopefully it was a brand new power wagon....
Hells yes it was.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #170
O2BDrty

Thanks for your input

Quote:
I liked the Speakers best overall ---- but they don't perform the best in an objective comparison.
The Cibies have the best wash of light; the Hellas put the most light straight forward. The Speakers live in the middle.
I liked the LEDs for the simple fact that they'll last forever.

Flicker and other bugs are gotten rid of by using a full harness from Rallylights; same harness that you'd use for their Hella kit or Dan Stern's Cibie kit.

Putting the Speakers in or the Sylvania/Valeo HIDs will involve trimming the buckets and tipping the airbag sensors a few degrees; I believe I have this somewhere in the tread.
I can't tell a person to do this; it has to be their own decision. By doing it, you're messing with a safety system on your Jeep. It's a thing you do willingly and on your own.

Unread 06-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #171
Heavy D
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you leave the JWs in the Jeep when you traded it or do you have a used set sitting in the house that you are willing to part with?
Heavy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #172
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

subscribed
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 05:54 AM   #173
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
Did you leave the JWs in the Jeep when you traded it or do you have a used set sitting in the house that you are willing to part with?
They were on the Jeep.
Not sure if they stayed with it and went to the new owner or if the service manager glommed them. I asked the other day and the service writer just shrugged.
My Jeep is gone from the lot anyhow.

And yes; I do miss it.

Unread 07-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #174
-ND4SPD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
subscribed
I'm new around here but definately not new to aftermarket lighting, LED's, & building retrofitted HID projector headlamps. I approve this thread!

Am I missing where the "subscribe to this thread" button is?
-ND4SPD- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #175
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

You replied, you are now subscribed. Be seated, buckle up, and hang on...

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #176
Fonzijr1964
2011 JK Wrangler 

Lots of good info, i just wish i could find a place to buy the "Speakers"
Fonzijr1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:43 AM   #177
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzijr1964 View Post
Harley dealers, truckstops, or the factory. There are a few online vendors as well.

Unread 07-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #178
O2BDrty

Quote:
As stated above I went to a harley dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had them in stock. I was almost there but they were chrome and not black.
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #179
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Westy View Post
I noticed a G55 G Class with Xenons the other day. Apparently the 2009-11 had these as an option.

It wouldn't be the cheapest conversion, but I wonder if these would work/fit?

I like even better than the JW's! Would love to see someone install them in a jk!
[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #180
pator1971
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Kenny at River Raider is now selling the Speaker lights as a kit.
http://www.riverraider.com/store/ind...product_id=151
pator1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.