Headlight pattern - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlight pattern

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and TERAFLEX JK Speed bump kit AND limiting strap kit!! AT ROCRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #1
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Headlight pattern

Hows this for lowbeam headlight pattern and coverage ...

image-264019516.jpg

Unread 02-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I love it!
What headlights are you using?

*all of that typing took about 5 minutes...I single-handedly sliced my left hand today with a razor blade. Now I am single-handedly typing. *
"Boing Clash Boom!" - Dada Life
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #3
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails
I love it! What headlights are you using? *all of that typing took about 5 minutes...I single-handedly sliced my left hand today with a razor blade. Now I am single-handedly typing. *
Well Happy, for all the hundreds of times I've said this since 2008, that my friend is your factory JK housing properly aimed with Sylvania zXe H13 bulbs. And a crappy cell phone pic but none the less it's just the way I saw it with the naked eye.
Unread 02-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #4
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
Well Happy, for all the hundreds of times I've said this since 2008, that my friend is your factory JK housing properly aimed with Sylvania zXe bulbs. And a crappy cell phone pic but none the less it's just the way I saw it with the naked eye.
Those bulbs definitely produce a whiter light. Looks much better than the stock bulbs.
Unread 02-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes they do. I also find that the glass tube of the factory bulbs get very smoky and also impedes the light output.
Unread 02-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Highbeam
image-171922598.jpg

Unread 02-03-2015, 07:23 PM   #7
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Highbeam
"I see the light! Oh, wait, that's a Big *** Jeep barreling down on me!!!!"
Unread 02-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #8
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh Oh, you missed the wrist ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
I love it!
What headlights are you using?

*all of that typing took about 5 minutes...I single-handedly sliced my left hand today with a razor blade. Now I am single-handedly typing. *
Driving your jeep offa cliff gets more publicity--

Just kidding, hope your hands OK-stitches/tape ?

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #9
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Oh Oh, you missed the wrist ??

Driving your jeep offa cliff gets more publicity--

Just kidding, hope your hands OK-stitches/tape ?

JIMBO
They glued the wound shut. I hate stitches. Already have had my fair share of them (50+). Cut the left index finger just in front of the first knuckle. Ironically, it didn't hurt, but seeing the depth of the cut made me feel very nauseaus.
Unread 02-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #10
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

OK, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
They glued the wound shut. I hate stitches. Already have had my fair share of them (50+). Cut the left index finger just in front of the first knuckle. Ironically, it didn't hurt, but seeing the depth of the cut made me feel very nauseaus.
I've had a lotta stitches too and I don't mindem as long as they're the "self-disove" type, I didn't like the "forever" removal type-

My only advice for unit cutting, is always be careful of the angle of the dangle and direction of the cut--control/pressure at the completion of the cut, so blade/razor/saw doesn't continue -

Safety !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #11
LanceJeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

I like the pattern. I too put in Sylvania Silverstars. But I guess my headlights need to be airmed better 'cause they only seem to light up the front area. Hope the owners manual addresses this issue.
LanceJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #12
LanceJeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well, can't seem to find any info on aiming the headlights. I'm thinking taking off the front grill as I did when replacing the bulbs and see if there is something around the frame of the headlight. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
LanceJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #13
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2015 JK Wrangler 

I think the measurement is 3' from the ground at 25'. Find a nice level spot with a wall, measure out 25 feet, mark a spot on the wall 3 feet up, and adjust your lights accordingly. Use a torn-15, the adjustment screw are at the 10 o'clock on the passenger light and the 2 o'clock on the driver light. While you are making the adjustments make sure the torn that hold in the light are snug, mine were loose.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #14
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

25' from a wall on flat ground. Measure from the ground to the center of the headlight dome.
Measure on the wall, the same height as you just got from the ground to headlight and mark on a piece of tape on the wall for both headlights.
Also Draw a line on the tape (EDIT) 2" below the original mark on the tape.
Turn on the headlight lowbeam and adjust to put the center of the beam on the lower mark.
There is a dimple in the grille to the outside beside the headlight where you can put a torx screwdriver to adjust the headlight up and down.
Unread 02-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #15
Hooz

Quote:
25' from a wall on flat ground.
Measure from the ground to the center of the headlight dome.
Measure on the wall, the same height as you just got from the ground to headlight and mark on a piece of tape on the wall for both headlights.
Also Draw a line on the tape 1/2" below the original mark on the tape.
Turn on the headlight lowbeam and adjust to put the center of the beam on the lower mark.
There is a dimple in the grille to the outside beside the headlight where you can put a torx screwdriver to adjust the headlight up and down.
IIRC: Headlights should be aimed 2" under the centerline height of the actual headlight (not a specific height as all Jeeps will vary based on lift, tires, etc.). Fogs should be aimed 4" under their centerline height.
Hooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.