Head Unit Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Head Unit Swap

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
o6unlimited
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Head Unit Swap

I was looking for some info before I do a bunch of work for nothing.
I have a 2012 JK Sahara with Nav and a 2013 JK Sport. I want to swap head unit. Sounds like its doable if you get the right CAN BUS but does the Sahara have a amp that I will need to swap?
Any help would get great. Thanks!

o6unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
outbackfarmer
2013 JK Wrangler 

I cannot answer your specific questions, but I can tell you this. I have a 2013 Freedom Edition that did not have factory nav, but had u-connect. My dad had a 2012 Dodge Laramie that had Nav, that was totaled in a storm. I pulled his Nav and put it in my Jeep and put my CD/Radio in his totaled truck. I had to contact the dealer and get the theft codes for both units, but both were plug an play and worked flawless after I entered the theft code. Even the start up screen that said RAM in the pickup, as soon as I put it in the jeep the start up screen said JEEP. The U-connect would not work in the jeep. I had to do some research and found there was a wire I needed to make this work. It was 50 or so dollars, and once I plugged it in the u-connect worked too. I was literately a 20-30 minute job.
2013 JK Unlimited Freedom Edition mods underway! / 1998 Wrangler 4.0 Auto 4" Lift ProComp 33's / 2006 Z06 Corvette Supercharged Le Mans Blue / 2010 ZR1 Corvette Blade Silver 710HP Lingenfilter / DD 2011 Longhorn Mega Ram 4X4 / DD 2012 Tahoe LTZ 4X4
outbackfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
o6unlimited
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thank you! Everything works perfect but as you said I needed the code from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackfarmer View Post
I cannot answer your specific questions, but I can tell you this. I have a 2013 Freedom Edition that did not have factory nav, but had u-connect. My dad had a 2012 Dodge Laramie that had Nav, that was totaled in a storm. I pulled his Nav and put it in my Jeep and put my CD/Radio in his totaled truck. I had to contact the dealer and get the theft codes for both units, but both were plug an play and worked flawless after I entered the theft code. Even the start up screen that said RAM in the pickup, as soon as I put it in the jeep the start up screen said JEEP. The U-connect would not work in the jeep. I had to do some research and found there was a wire I needed to make this work. It was 50 or so dollars, and once I plugged it in the u-connect worked too. I was literately a 20-30 minute job.
o6unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.