Have you really read your owners manual - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Have you really read your owners manual

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
JohnRodriguez
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Have you really read your owners manual

I just picked up a '08 4-door with a auto trany 3.73 gears yesterday, and the drive back from el paso to silver city, NM area were i live is 98miles. fuel calculator said I got 19.8mpg which was right on when I topped the tank off when I arrived home. Just to see if it was close. I read the manual last night at home since I got to drive it off the dealers lot in the dark and just wanted to get home and ran across a section that discribed driving conditions and how to handle them. Followed recommendation, and my milage is at 26.3mpg at the end of driving today. total miles so far is 221 off the lot. Our area is 6000ft+ and lots of hills.

get your owners manuals out and see if you can find what I did to improve your milage. if no winners, I'll let you know what to do at the end of the week. I'm real curious to see what kind of milage i'll get when the break in period is done.

89 Wrangler, 2.5L TBI, D30 Truetrac 4.56 gear front, Super 35 4.56 gears rear, 31" BFG Mud's, 15x9" weld racing pro-stars XP's, 2.5" rancho and 1.25" shackels, superior axles. rear wilwood disc brakes

2008 wrangler x unlimited. Stone white. Motech 5.3L LS Chevy

Last edited by JohnRodriguez; 09-14-2008 at 08:14 PM..
JohnRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

I follow the shift points outlined in the manual. I can get about 19-20 in the city, and 23 on the highway. And thats by doing the math, I dont have the computer.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Bayrat
2014 JK Wrangler 

I was thinking of that myself. Shift points in that six speed may make a heck of a difference, even with the Rubicon with 4.11 gears. I thought that the engine was a bit weak but I knew that prior to buying this new 08, just figured the manual would be better for the hills I have to travel over.
Bayrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.