Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Have you really read your owners manual

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bayrat 
#1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a '08 4-door with a auto trany 3.73 gears yesterday, and the drive back from el paso to silver city, NM area were i live is 98miles. fuel calculator said I got 19.8mpg which was right on when I topped the tank off when I arrived home. Just to see if it was close. I read the manual last night at home since I got to drive it off the dealers lot in the dark and just wanted to get home and ran across a section that discribed driving conditions and how to handle them. Followed recommendation, and my milage is at 26.3mpg at the end of driving today. total miles so far is 221 off the lot. Our area is 6000ft+ and lots of hills.

get your owners manuals out and see if you can find what I did to improve your milage. if no winners, I'll let you know what to do at the end of the week. I'm real curious to see what kind of milage i'll get when the break in period is done.

#2 ·
I follow the shift points outlined in the manual. I can get about 19-20 in the city, and 23 on the highway. And thats by doing the math, I dont have the computer.

#3 ·
I was thinking of that myself. Shift points in that six speed may make a heck of a difference, even with the Rubicon with 4.11 gears. I thought that the engine was a bit weak but I knew that prior to buying this new 08, just figured the manual would be better for the hills I have to travel over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.