Have a problem need comments/suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Have a problem need comments/suggestions

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 07-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
nsmac84

Have a problem need comments/suggestions

Hello there. I have a 2012 jku dozer around June 15th i had to get it towed to my local dealership because it hit by lightning (indirectly). I was told earlier this month that they should get the abs module in and hopefully have it done. Well i called yesterday to check on it and was told that they still havent gotten the part and it now is estimated to get to them August 24th!!! I think that is just ridiculous! They guy i talked to informed me that there wasnt nothing i could do but just wait. So ill have to pay another payment or two for a jeep i cant drive. Fellow jeep owners is there anybody i can call or do that would hopefully get this process sped up? I mean its a 2012 brand new and he said nobody in the US
has the part. Comments and suggestions if yall have any please.

nsmac84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Your dealer should "borrow" the parts from another on the floor and let the next buyer wait IMO.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I just checked for you at a dealership in my area and was told that they (ABS Module) are indeed on back order. If you wish, I can be more specific if I have the last 8 digits of your VIN number. They are needed to reference the exact part that will work with your Jeep but most likely won’t do much good at this point and time. Just send them via PM if you do.

Another alternative would be to try and locate one from a wrecking yard.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have had good luck finding back-ordered parts by calling dealers across the country. Sometimes you will get lucky and they will have the part just sitting on a shelf.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

since you asked,......

I 'suggest' you put in your header-title... some indication of your problem...

one of my pet peeves is ambiguous titles don't help you or others....

ymmv

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

look for "jeep cares" on this forum - he is with jeep and can check places your dealer may not be able to.

also - go to jeeps face book page and politely complain about the situation. My daughter did that about a part back ordered for 2004 jeep - out of warranty - but the part was back ordered for 12 weeks - Jeep customer service in Michigan contacted her and rented her a car for the 12 weeks. It took about 2 days from her first complaint on facebook to getting the ok for the rental car.

Be polite
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #7
OH9JK
2009 JK Wrangler 

eBay...Jeep dealers use eBay all the time to sell parts.
OH9JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
Your dealer should "borrow" the parts from another on the floor and let the next buyer wait IMO.
Rocky!
I'm surprised.

As a consumer would you want to pay premium dollar for a frankensteined brand new vehicle that has been used as a parts donor???

As the dealer would you want YOUR inventory reduced in value by scavenging parts - paying the interest on a unit that sits unsellable until replacements are received? Not to mention being out of pocket for the labor as warranty service does not reimburse for removing parts from a working unit thus rendering it unusable?

OP - this should be an insurance claim - do you have rental car coverage?
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
nsmac84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post

Rocky!
I'm surprised.

As a consumer would you want to pay premium dollar for a frankensteined brand new vehicle that has been used as a parts donor???

As the dealer would you want YOUR inventory reduced in value by scavenging parts - paying the interest on a unit that sits unsellable until replacements are received? Not to mention being out of pocket for the labor as warranty service does not reimburse for removing parts from a working unit thus rendering it unusable?

OP - this should be an insurance claim - do you have rental car coverage?
Thanks for all the comments. Rocky I tried that and he just laughed and said he couldn't do that. I did have a rental car but only had it for 30 days. After that I was on my own. The dealer would not give me a loaner.
nsmac84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.