JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Have a problem need comments/suggestions (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/have-problem-need-comments-suggestions-1553960/)

nsmac84 07-26-2013 01:56 PM

Have a problem need comments/suggestions

Hello there. I have a 2012 jku dozer around June 15th i had to get it towed to my local dealership because it hit by lightning (indirectly). I was told earlier this month that they should get the abs module in and hopefully have it done. Well i called yesterday to check on it and was told that they still havent gotten the part and it now is estimated to get to them August 24th!!! I think that is just ridiculous! They guy i talked to informed me that there wasnt nothing i could do but just wait. So ill have to pay another payment or two for a jeep i cant drive. Fellow jeep owners is there anybody i can call or do that would hopefully get this process sped up? I mean its a 2012 brand new and he said nobody in the US
has the part. Comments and suggestions if yall have any please.
:confused:

RockyClymer 07-26-2013 02:52 PM

Your dealer should "borrow" the parts from another on the floor and let the next buyer wait IMO.

1222 07-26-2013 03:09 PM

I just checked for you at a dealership in my area and was told that they (ABS Module) are indeed on back order. If you wish, I can be more specific if I have the last 8 digits of your VIN number. They are needed to reference the exact part that will work with your Jeep but most likely won’t do much good at this point and time. Just send them via PM if you do.

Another alternative would be to try and locate one from a wrecking yard.
:cheers2:

ronjenx 07-26-2013 03:29 PM

I have had good luck finding back-ordered parts by calling dealers across the country. Sometimes you will get lucky and they will have the part just sitting on a shelf.

Deuskid 07-26-2013 07:09 PM

since you asked,......

I 'suggest' you put in your header-title... some indication of your problem...

one of my pet peeves is ambiguous titles don't help you or others....

ymmv

John

djm 07-26-2013 07:39 PM

look for "jeep cares" on this forum - he is with jeep and can check places your dealer may not be able to.

also - go to jeeps face book page and politely complain about the situation. My daughter did that about a part back ordered for 2004 jeep - out of warranty - but the part was back ordered for 12 weeks - Jeep customer service in Michigan contacted her and rented her a car for the 12 weeks. It took about 2 days from her first complaint on facebook to getting the ok for the rental car.

Be polite

OH9JK 07-27-2013 05:40 AM

eBay...Jeep dealers use eBay all the time to sell parts.

jwmbishop 07-27-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyClymer (Post 15721832)
Your dealer should "borrow" the parts from another on the floor and let the next buyer wait IMO.

Rocky!
I'm surprised.

As a consumer would you want to pay premium dollar for a frankensteined brand new vehicle that has been used as a parts donor???

As the dealer would you want YOUR inventory reduced in value by scavenging parts - paying the interest on a unit that sits unsellable until replacements are received? Not to mention being out of pocket for the labor as warranty service does not reimburse for removing parts from a working unit thus rendering it unusable?

OP - this should be an insurance claim - do you have rental car coverage?

nsmac84 07-28-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmbishop (Post 15724369)

Rocky!
I'm surprised.

As a consumer would you want to pay premium dollar for a frankensteined brand new vehicle that has been used as a parts donor???

As the dealer would you want YOUR inventory reduced in value by scavenging parts - paying the interest on a unit that sits unsellable until replacements are received? Not to mention being out of pocket for the labor as warranty service does not reimburse for removing parts from a working unit thus rendering it unusable?

OP - this should be an insurance claim - do you have rental car coverage?

Thanks for all the comments. Rocky I tried that and he just laughed and said he couldn't do that. I did have a rental car but only had it for 30 days. After that I was on my own. The dealer would not give me a loaner.

The time now is 09:24 AM.