Has anyone tried this with the Stereo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Has anyone tried this with the Stereo?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
tbrkek

Has anyone tried this with the Stereo?

If you hold the Load or eject button and press the other one while holding it, you get some weird thing that comes up. If you press the same button a few more times, it goes through a cycle. I forget what it said, as I am not in front of my Jeep now...but I wonder what it means. Would love to know out of curiosity. I hope this isn't some in the manual already...although I would doubt it. And yes, I was bored while waiting for someone in my car and this is what I do...press buttons.

tbrkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Ruppster

Without doing it myself, my first guess would be it it showing the Sirius ESN number.
Ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
infosponge

Did it say "ouch! stop doing that!" ? :-)
infosponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
tbrkek

Nope...certaintly not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppster
Without doing it myself, my first guess would be it it showing the Sirius ESN number.
Unread 02-13-2007, 07:41 AM   #5
iffar08

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrkek
If you hold the Load or eject button and press the other one while holding it, you get some weird thing that comes up. If you press the same button a few more times, it goes through a cycle. I forget what it said, as I am not in front of my Jeep now...but I wonder what it means. Would love to know out of curiosity. I hope this isn't some in the manual already...although I would doubt it. And yes, I was bored while waiting for someone in my car and this is what I do...press buttons.
could be a self diag mode....most radios and controls have one
iffar08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
spolebitski

mine says
clip 3%
clip 10%
clip off

anyone know what this means?
spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
strykermp5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski
mine says
clip 3%
clip 10%
clip off

yeah... you activated the automatic vehicle deterioration module... its not supposed to happen until 35,000 miles... your jeep will fall apart much faster now!

j/k

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
PJRedd

Were you able to select between thos 3 choices?

I wonder if this is the settings for the soundbar speakers being "clipped", or not recieving the full signal in other words. I know the soundbar speakers do not recieve the full signal from the head unit (or the amp on the 6disc model).
PJRedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
spolebitski

I called jeep yesterday about what the clip 3% clip 10% clip off, they only refered me back to the dealership!
spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #10
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrkek
What did you actually do? You say hold the Load or Eject and press the other one. So... that is confusing since they are the same button. What was the other button? And was the key in the ignition, was radio on?

Help us out.
Unread 02-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #11
lafayquinn

I just tried it.... doesn't seem to be any difference in the sound of the stereo. Any clues?
lafayquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #12
tbrkek

You have to have the six cd changer. It has seperate buttons for load and eject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlevins
What did you actually do? You say hold the Load or Eject and press the other one. So... that is confusing since they are the same button. What was the other button? And was the key in the ignition, was radio on?

Help us out.
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #13
undertow
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski
mine says
clip 3%
clip 10%
clip off

My guess would be some sort of clipping attenuator to protect the speakers if the volume is turned up too high - severe clipping (aka distortion) will damage your speakers, so I'm guessing that setting this would change the threshold at which it starts attenuating the signal. In other words, 3% would allow no more than 3% clipping (probably a bit too conservative), 10% would allow no more than 10% clipping (you can turn it up louder, but you will hear noticable clipping at high volumes), and off will let you turn up the volume as loud as you want (and possibly blow the carp out of your speakers, depending on how badly the amp clips).

Just a guess, but seems to make sense. I wonder if there's any other hidden options or setup modes.....hmmmm, I'm intrigued...
undertow is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.