Has anyone mounted a Hi-Lift yet... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Has anyone mounted a Hi-Lift yet...

Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone mounted a Hi-Lift yet...

i'm looking for good ideas on where to mount a Hi-Lift on a stock JK. i plan on buying a rear bumper in the future which will most likely have a spot for a jack, but in the mean time i have to find a good spot to mount one. if anyone has pics that happen to show a Hi-Lift mounted in a good location i would like to see them.

DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
gjeepguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBADTRIPx
i'm looking for good ideas on where to mount a Hi-Lift on a stock JK. i plan on buying a rear bumper in the future which will most likely have a spot for a jack, but in the mean time i have to find a good spot to mount one. if anyone has pics that happen to show a Hi-Lift mounted in a good location i would like to see them.
this is the best looking location i have seen to date

gjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
gjeepguy

different, but still cool

gjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjeepguy
Look at the meathook hanging off the back of that thing!! It looks like it belongs in a side of beef or something. I definitely would not want to rear-end him. (:

Last edited by jeepers3; 03-05-2007 at 10:35 PM..
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
different, but still cool

scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
bigwrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
That doesnt look cool at all to me. I wouldnt want to wreck with that on the hood thats for sure. hell, you would probably get pulled over up here for that.
bigwrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #7
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrm
I wouldnt want to wreck with that on the hood thats for sure.
I wouldn't want to wreck at all (:
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #8
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrm
That doesnt look cool at all to me. I wouldnt want to wreck with that on the hood thats for sure. hell, you would probably get pulled over up here for that.
Why??? Who is going to pull you over??? It isn't illegal. I doubt it would fly off during a wreck.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #9
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

http://thinkmud.com/img/bucksjk/hilift5.jpg
Be weary on mounting it like that, I've seen one get caught on a tree since it's the highest part of the Jeep.

Jesse-James is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

You can see mine in this pic. 2 exhaust clamps and a piece of garage door track. If you have a full top it's out of the elements too. Normally there is a padlock on the end, but I busted the foot and am awaiting a replacement.

Jesse-James is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #11
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

^^ Not a JK^^

Mounting to the rollbars on a JK like that would be much too intrusive of the rear cargo area.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #12
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY
^^ Not a JK^^

Mounting to the rollbars on a JK like that would be much too intrusive of the rear cargo area.
Why? Because the rollbars are more angled? That's only the case on the Unlimited, and they still terminate very near the tailgate, so I think mounting it low would still be possible.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #13
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not just the angle, but the fact that there's more room in a JK.

The roll-bar mount of TJs was OK, because most of that space back there is pretty useless.

You can do it on a JK, but there has got to be a better place (I'd only mount mine to my aftermarket bumper, but I don't have a JK, yet.)
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #14
jeepers3

I bought a hi-lift when I got my trooper, so many years ago. It didn't really work though because the bumpers on the trooper were too flimsy. As a result, my hi-lift is in several parts, scattered around my shed and/or my garage. But once summer comes, if I can find all the parts, I plan to mount it to my rear bumper in some fashion. I have the Mopar off road rear bumper, so it doesn't quite have the flat space on all surfaces that would be useful for the mounting - but I'll find a way to do it somehow. Right now I am thinking of mounting it on the underside of the bumper, but we'll see how it goes.

Update: looking at it, no, that will not work, due to the hitch. damn.
Unread 03-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #15
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a TJ, but my bar is bolted to the top of my rear bumber, and the parts are stashed all over the Jeep.

With as few times as a High Lift is useful (so far........zero), I'm willing to take the extra couple of minutes to assemble it if I ever need it (not likely).

Most useful thing about the Hi-Lift... the handle makes a great breaker bar extension, and can be kept next to the driver's seat for....whatever. And, the cops can't give you grief for carrying it, because it's part of your jack.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.