Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Has anyone hit over 100k miles yet?

28K views 208 replies 130 participants last post by  79cj7amc304auto 
#1 ·
I'm just curious, has anyone hit over 100k miles on their JK yet? I just hit 43,000 miles last week and this week I'm about to hit 44k.

And how many miles does everyone have? I'm curious. I know there's threads like this but it doesn't hurt to get a update :)

So, I'm at 43,800 miles and I had a few issues (like leaky top, etc). But that's it. I've rotated tires and changed oil every 5k.

#3 ·
And how many miles does everyone have? I'm curious.
2007 and just click over 32,000 miles. At the 7000 or so non-road trip miles I am putting on my Jeep every year, I'm currently projected to 100K miles in another 9+ years. Sooner if I make road trips. Realistically, I figure I have another 7 years before I hit 100K miles, unless I drive to another state with it, then it will be a little sooner.

#4 ·
Im at 15,600 and will be exactly 1 year old this coming tuesday.

#5 ·
i am at 16,500 and i mine will be 1 year old in December, oh yeah and i live in alabama but drive to NC (844) about 3 times a year or more at the rate im goin i will hit 100,000 in 5 years but hey its all good right? i love driving my jeep and dont ever plan on selling it so its all my miles and they arent a problem with me. :cheers2:

#6 ·
just got my 08 with 30k on it. I drive 20 miles to and from work everyday.
calculated out = 40 miles a day - or 200 miles a week - or 9600 a year.

So that means I'll reach 100k in around 7.5 years... not bad I guess.

I do take a few road trips a year though.

#11 ·
Looks like I'm the winner in miles *cries* Half of my miles are beach driving, too. I'm curious to find someone who has over 60k+, to see how well the 3.8l holds up.

#13 ·
I like to see how well 3.8L holds up with 100K miles. I am thinking it will wear out more using 5W-25 liquid oil.

#14 ·
A lot of engines use 5w-25 oil now days though.

#16 ·
Thinner oil loses viscosity sooner than normal weight oil.

#30 · (Edited)
If that was driving backwards "backtracking" does your odometer get lower? Ha Ha Like on Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

My JK has 37K and I haven't had problems with it (except for stuff I've altered). I drive about 25K a year, so I plan on hitting 100K in about 2.5 years. Happy Trails.

I'm using 5W-20 synthetic and its pretty hot where I live/wheel; but I think the engineers that set the specification for the oil would have considered the entire country and the heat range. Otherwise how would they have come up with the lifetime engine warranty.

#20 ·
i have 6,722 miles on mine and ive had it 6 months

the transfer case linkage broke

a bunch of wires got wrapped around the suspension and ripped themselves out so my abs / esp / lockers / sway bar all stopped working

my horn broke due to water

.....i think thats it ....selling now obviously...its a pos

love my 95 yj however

jk does stand for Just Kidding in my experience

and no i didnt beat on it

#25 ·
NICE! Can we turn EVERY thread into a bashing party? I'm relieved nobody else chimed in....sheesh! I will say this though, ever since I bought mine my face has been hurting from my perma-grin. SUCKS!:p

#21 ·
I have had mine since May of 2007, and I just rolled 43,000 miles yesterday...:)

#27 ·
Got mine new in May of 07 and just hit 34K. Love and I still look back at it every time I walk away. But I really wish I had a YJ:devil:

#37 ·
I have 105,000

Oh wait this is a JK thread :teehee:

lol its fun getting to the point where there is more aftermarket replacements on your car than original equipment!... well sometimes :rolleyes:
If you drop the T, add a K, move the J over, then add a K after wards then you have a JK :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.