Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Has anyone hit over 100k miles yet?

28K views 208 replies 130 participants last post by  79cj7amc304auto 
#1 ·
I'm just curious, has anyone hit over 100k miles on their JK yet? I just hit 43,000 miles last week and this week I'm about to hit 44k.

And how many miles does everyone have? I'm curious. I know there's threads like this but it doesn't hurt to get a update :)

So, I'm at 43,800 miles and I had a few issues (like leaky top, etc). But that's it. I've rotated tires and changed oil every 5k.

#39 ·
My 07 has 17770 miles on it, but only about 200 are mine (got it used).

#40 ·
most of the '07s havent gone over 50k yet. think the most i've heard so far was 63k but that was last spring. he said all was good with no major problems. just the little stuff that TSB, Recalls, and regular maintenance fix.

since oct 13, 2006 and i'm at 36K and that was with being out of country for 9 months this past year. no problems

#45 · (Edited)
The oldest of these vehicles is barely 3 years old. How many of them do you really think are going to have 100,000 miles? Hell, many of are NOT NOT EVEN CLOSE! At the rate I'm going, I will have had my vehicle for about 13 years before I hit 100,000 miles.

It is a stupid thread - but not because of the posts (although I do agree, posts like "I've got 6000" or "15000" miles are rather senseless).

#47 ·
The oldest of these vehicles is barely 3 years old. How many of them do you really think are going to have 100,000 miles? Hell, many of are NOT NOT EVEN CLOSE! At the rate I'm going, I will have had my vehicle for about 13 years before I hit 100,000 miles.

It is a stupid thread - but not because of the posts (although I do agree, posts like "I've got 6000" or "15000" miles are rather senseless).
Hey :nono::nono:

The point was to see if anyone hit 100k, and how many miles people had so far.

And how many miles does everyone have?

#50 ·
I'm right at about 85,000 miles.

I have had no problems at all. Engine runs great and everything is solid as a rock. I do burn almost a quart of oil ever 5000 to 6000 miles. No clue why. I change the oil at about every 5k. Changed the plugs couple of times. Have aFe CAI and custom exhaust.
I think these mini van engines will run forever. Afterall, they only put out about 3 horse power.

Jeep has 5.5 Triple Threat Long Arm Rock Krawler suspension. 38.5" Pitbull Radial Tires., etc, etc, etc. Has been lifted 5"+ and 37"+ tires for 75,000 of those miles.

#51 ·
Very nice :2thumbsup:

#52 ·
Sorry to resurrect this bad boy, but I thought i'd chime in.

My 07 is pushing 80,000 miles. I bought it with 77,000 on it. I got a pretty good deal on it and that's ultimately the reason why I bought it. I've had it for a month now and everything has been fine so far. The dealership told me that it was mostly highway mileage (Yeah, likely story...). I read the carfax and saw that it had been used as a rental which explains the mileage. So yeah, almost 80,000 and has ran great for the month that i've had it!

But I am a little scared.....Just wondering how much life she has left in her!

:cheers2:

#64 ·
Sorry to resurrect this bad boy, but I thought i'd chime in.

My 07 is pushing 80,000 miles. I bought it with 77,000 on it. I got a pretty good deal on it and that's ultimately the reason why I bought it. I've had it for a month now and everything has been fine so far. The dealership told me that it was mostly highway mileage (Yeah, likely story...). I read the carfax and saw that it had been used as a rental which explains the mileage. So yeah, almost 80,000 and has ran great for the month that i've had it!

But I am a little scared.....Just wondering how much life she has left in her!

:cheers2:
I think you'll be fine.

I would replace differential fluids; replace fluid/filter for auto tranny.

#61 ·
Got my stripped JK in Feb of 07 (half door soft top, only options were automatic, a/c, and tow package)...I'm just about to crack 70k on it, if I haven't already. The only things that have gone wrong was a steering stabilizer (replaced around 40k-50k I think?) and around 67k they decided to replace my water pump while I was still under my extended warantee. It wasn't totally broken yet, but it was heading that way.

I also replaced my stock/factory tires at that service. 5 tire rotations get you a long way, if you rotate them religiously every 6000 miles or so ;) Finally upgraded from the 225/75r16s to something that fills the wells a little better.

So far, so good. I've been getting it serviced every 3-5k or so, with tire rotations every other visit, generally. I still get around 20mpg highway on my morning commute. Other than the stabilizer and water pump nothing's gone horribly wrong, mechanically.

#82 ·
Got my stripped JK in Feb of 07 (half door soft top, only options were automatic, a/c, and tow package)...I'm just about to crack 70k on it, if I haven't already. The only things that have gone wrong was a steering stabilizer (replaced around 40k-50k I think?) and around 67k they decided to replace my water pump while I was still under my extended warantee. It wasn't totally broken yet, but it was heading that way.

I also replaced my stock/factory tires at that service. 5 tire rotations get you a long way, if you rotate them religiously every 6000 miles or so ;) Finally upgraded from the 225/75r16s to something that fills the wells a little better.

So far, so good. I've been getting it serviced every 3-5k or so, with tire rotations every other visit, generally. I still get around 20mpg highway on my morning commute. Other than the stabilizer and water pump nothing's gone horribly wrong, mechanically.
You got pictures of the new tires?

#62 ·
2007 2-dr Sahara auto with 56,000 miles in the mountains ...its been lifted and on 34's since week one ...and it gets driven hard daily and wheeled often.

...and just got back from a 2500 mile Christmas x-country road trip.

Running like a champ

#66 ·
I dont drive to far to work only .75 miles. And we usually take the wife's 08 Liberty to town since it already has the car seat set up and its easier to get the baby in and out. But I have an 09 bought in Feb of 09 with around 7800 miles. That is due to me getting transfered to WA from TX and driving around 2500 miles in 4 days.

On a good note, by the time I reach 100k the jeep will be paid for and 09+ Hemi's will be plentiful in the junk yards so my dreams of saying Yeah its got a Hemi in it will become a reality lol.

#67 ·
This forum makes me feel guilty.
I only see two people who have more miles than I do.
We ordered our JKUR when they first were released, In fact never saw one in person when we ordered it. So I would say its a pretty early JK.
We have 56K and since my wife has the shorted distance to work, she drives otherwise I would kill it quickly.
She only drives 54miles a day where as I drive 100 miles a day to and from work.
I am hoping that here shortly I will buy a third car for her to drive and let the jk sit .

#68 ·
Good to see that people with 80k miles aren't having much issues. Because mine has like 53,590 miles now and it seems like every day something is failing :)

#70 ·
My '07Jk just passed 58K.

Love it.

#74 ·
You didn't get the top fixed by the dealer? After the 4th attempt they fixed mine with a new top.. until the header bow cracked.

Oh, and my brother seems to think my Jeep is a POS because I had to replace rear brake pads at 53k :laugh: and said Toyota is better, I just said ya, next time you're stuck call someone else (I really said that :))

#76 ·
They have some folks on the JK forum with other 100k miles and no problem. If you can remember this is not the first vehicle Chrysler has put this motor in... caravan. The 3.3 this motor is related to is very reliable. I have read some people received a knock at just over 100k on the caravans 3.8, but not too many. Dare I say it will hold up just as well as the amc 4.0 maybe better? My 2 cents.

#88 ·
If you can remember this is not the first vehicle Chrysler has put this motor in... caravan. The 3.3 this motor is related to is very reliable. I have read some people received a knock at just over 100k on the caravans 3.8, but not too many.
They are still using that block??? I think we must let go of mitsubishi already and start anew (my 91 dodge dynasty with the 3.3 agrees). Pentastar anyone?

#78 ·
I drive way too much, I'm currently driving over 250 miles a week to get to/from work, and another 200-250 at night or on weekends to go out to eat, run errands, etc. I've had the Jeep for 2 weeks and already put 1100 miles on it!

#81 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.