hardtop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > hardtop

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

hardtop

is there a hardtop for a jk that is the style of the tj and yj tops? I like the one piece top and the roundness of them. I don't like how square all the tops are for a jk

wranglernut14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
AveCat
2012 JK Wrangler 

You can get 1 piece tops, and you can get a fastback style but there aren't really any round ones around...get it?
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
jeepcouple
2012 JK Wrangler 

I guess there are pros and cons to everything. I happen to like the removable roof panels when I don't have the soft top on and I also appreciate the slighter wider "square hatch" and square roof when I have to get larger objects in and out of the vehicle.

If you don't like the square roof.........TRADE FOR A HONDA CRV!!!!

Dry sense of humour........I'm only joking......
jeepcouple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

the removable "freedome panels" make a great bikini top. thats all i use.
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

i have a soft top for the summer but i want to go ahead and start saving my money for a hardtop for the winter. i don't really need the freedom panels and i love the fastback soft tops like the trektop but i don't really like them in a hardtop. i know I'm picky but if I'm gonna spend that much money i don't want to have something that i am not 100% satisfied with. but oh well maybe someday they will make one.
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wild boar makes them:

http://www.wildboarproducts.com/fastbacktops.html
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Our new 2013 has the hard top. I haven't removed it yet or just used the panels...I dont know how to feel as its my first Jeep (out of nine) with the hard top. I've been thinking about selling it and just getting a soft top, but I'm torn.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just get a soft top for the summer. and the soft top isn't bad but the bar that runs above the tailgates gets in the way a lot and if its summer i just put stuff in over the tailgate anyways but in the winter i have a hard time putting anything in.
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglernut14 View Post
is there a hardtop for a jk that is the style of the tj and yj tops? I like the one piece top and the roundness of them. I don't like how square all the tops are for a jk
I kinda like the way it looks. Reminds me of a Mercedes G wagon, which I find to be hot.
LSUWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglernut14 View Post
Just get a soft top for the summer. and the soft top isn't bad but the bar that runs above the tailgates gets in the way a lot and if its summer i just put stuff in over the tailgate anyways but in the winter i have a hard time putting anything in.
The thing is...winter in Las Vegas is like three days long...I just dont see the need for a hard top....will probably just ride it through the summer and weigh the pros and cons
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.