hard top to soft top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > hard top to soft top

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 03-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
2012rubiconblk
2012 JK Wrangler 

hard top to soft top

Just bought a new 2012 jeep and its my first jeep and want to change the hardtop it came with from the factory to a soft top. Not sure about hardware or what not that has to be changed or added... any advice?

Thanks
Bob (Philadelphia, PA)

2012rubiconblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012rubiconblk View Post
Just bought a new 2012 jeep and its my first jeep and want to change the hardtop it came with from the factory to a soft top. Not sure about hardware or what not that has to be changed or added... any advice?

Thanks
Bob (Philadelphia, PA)
Did you buy a soft top yet?
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
2012rubiconblk
2012 JK Wrangler 

no I haven't yet, I have been trying to do some research on what do to but not getting any answers
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
BigRodney
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 97 Wrangler that I bought used with a new factory top. I put the top down a couple of times, what a PITA. I bought a used hard top, 6 or 8 bolts and two clamps on the windshield and it’s off, boom. Quieter, can see out the windows, even has a rear wiper that I haven’t wired in yet because I don’t have the harness but it’s there. My buddies say it’s heavier and negatively affects my snow wheeling ability but by how much, I haven’t noticed any difference. That’s my 2 cents.
BigRodney is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you have a factory soft top, it should include door surrounds, tailgate bar and plastic tailgate bar retainers.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
no I haven't yet, I have been trying to do some research on what do to but not getting any answers
Well you can find an OE soft top on Craigslist, but make sure it has all the parts, or you can get an aftermarket kit like the Bestop NX and it should come ready to go.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks
Bob (Philadelphia, PA)
I would check the parts suppliers like best top, etc.. for a new top. They come with the hardware. But I would check to see if you already have the two brackets that are bolted to the rear rollbars. They have two holes in the brackets and it's where the soft top bars bolt to.
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #8
2012rubiconblk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok great, thank you guys for the help

Bob

Tags
hard top , soft top , tops

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.