Hard Top on brand new Jeep not lining up! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hard Top on brand new Jeep not lining up!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hard Top on brand new Jeep not lining up!

Has anyone had this issue? I have a new 2013 4 door. When I took the top off the first time I noticed the 1 bolt above the passenger door was harder to get out then should be. (I traded a 2010 in on this 2013 so I have experience with the hard top) Then when I put it back on the holes are not aligned up. I would say they are almost a half hole off. I took it back to the dealer and they have had it for 2 days now but no word on what they are going to do to fix it. I guess they are trying to get word from Chrysler. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I am afraid only fix is to drill the hole in top out bigger but I am not thrilled about doing that to a brand new top on a brand new Jeep.

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Deep Cherry Red, 2.5" Lift, American Racing ATX Thug Wheels, 35x12.5/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
MEYJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
MKWrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a defect in the roll bar/body alignment perhaps. If they can't fix it, demand another Jeep.
MKWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
justin credible
2012 JK Wrangler 

There's a bolt above the passenger door?
justin credible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin credible View Post
There's a bolt above the passenger door?
Well that's the general area of it. It's the bolt for the front of the top on the passenger side.

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Deep Cherry Red, 2.5" Lift, American Racing ATX Thug Wheels, 35x12.5/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWrangler View Post
Sounds like a defect in the roll bar/body alignment perhaps. If they can't fix it, demand another Jeep.
That's a pain to start all over. I already have lift, rails, grill insert, etc on it.

Unread 05-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
Piker73
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mine had the same problem. Ordered me a new freedom top. Fixed.
Piker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Now that you mentioned it mine has a slight drag on it too (nothing like you describe though) where itís a bit uncomfortable to screw it all the way down with my fingers prior to using a ratchet to do the final tightening ( long sentence).

As far as getting a new Jeep because of the alignment issue you have it just ainít going to happen.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

all they did was drill the hole in the top out bigger. It did fix it but still not happy they had to drill a larger hole. He said it wasn't the hole in the top in the wrong place so a new top wouldn't fix it but he could not tell me why they were off. He said Chrysler told them to drill it out. I need a better answer to why it was off and a new top would not fix it. Anyone know a good contact at Chrysler to help get an answer of why they may have been off?

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I wouldnít worry too much about it. If the top was fine then it can mean only one thing; the roll bar was out of alignment slightly, no big deal. It doesnít take much for a bolt to have problems in that case, just leave it be and move on.
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I wouldnít worry too much about it. If the top was fine then it can mean only one thing; the roll bar was out of alignment slightly, no big deal. It doesnít take much for a bolt to have problems in that case, just leave it be and move on.
Thanks, in that case I won't worry about it.

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah it would bug me too but Iíve learned (took too many years) in cases like this (unsolvable) that it can affect you negatively in a lot of ways by mulling over it. Once you let it go then in a couple of days it wonít matter anymore. Good move on your part.
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

It's funny man, when I first got my 2012, I was a freak about everything being perfect. Fast forward to today and its scratched, covered in dog hair and all kinds of crap from my 4 year old. Haha! for me, it's a vehicle to enjoy and use. No need to stress over it.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

Im already over it. Now just want good weather and the top gone for a few months. That should happen any day now!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.