Which hard top is better? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Which hard top is better?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 05-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Krieglok

Which hard top is better?

I have owned a JK X since last fall. It is the first Jeep I have ever owned. It came with the hardtop and softtop. I have run it hardtop and have no complaints about it. I purchased a second JK X and this one had the soft top with the full solid doors. I intend to put a hardtop on it and I was wondering what the pros and cons between the Mopar top and the Bestop version would be. I am not worried about cost as long as the product justifies the money. Thanks for any opinions on the subject.

TJM

Krieglok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Mopar is three pieces, which is easier to handle when removing and has rear wiper and squirter but no headliner. Bestop has a headliner, but no provision for rear wiper or squirter and is two pieces instead of three. I had a Bestop on my YJ and loved it. I am not sure of the Bestop on the JK, but my guess is that it would be similar to my experience with the YJ.
Unread 05-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
jonthedoctobe

Two JK's???

nice!
jonthedoctobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
Krieglok

Yes. I bought one for my wife originally. She had been driving a beat up Ford Focus for the past three years and she deserved a break. We went looking at the other Jeep products and we did a test ride on a whim. We were hooked. That was back in September. I vowed, at that point, to get one for myself when I had my Chevy 3/4 ton paid off which was last week...

They are like dogs as they are much happier in pairs. Hers is Red Rock(clean) and mine is Rescue Green(muddy).

TJM
Krieglok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Nice color choices Krieglok!
Unread 05-14-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
daFoo

Yea, nice colors! my 1st is Red Rock, 2nd is Rescue Green!
2007 Yellow Rubi 4 door. 2.5 TeraFlex Lift, 4 Rancho Grab handles, Yellow Silblade Wipers.
My Jeep with 2.5in Lift
daFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #7
PGBronco10
2011 WK 

i have the MOPAR top but i did like the BESTOP feature that allows you to attach the front section to the back section with an optional rack. i hate when i want to take the front off but the back is full of gear. also, one piece MIGHT be easier to store in the back because it would sit right up against the seat. not sure though.
PGBronco10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.