Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hard Door Storage Rack = Done

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  surferdan83 
#1 ·
I'd been toying with an idea to store all four doors up and out of the way somehow in my garage, since I lacked space for a rolling cart and never liked leaving them on the floor (on a sleep mat), easily accessible to my 2.5-yr old's hands.
I'd used the Rubbermaid FastTrack system around the garage, and decided to go with it again for the doors, using a single 48" rail ($10) and 4 ladder hooks ($10/ea) at Lowes. The rail is rated to 1500 lbs, but the weak links are the hooks, only rated at 50 lbs each.
I estimated 2 doors to weigh around 100lbs or slightly less, but with everything on, I was able to put more weight on the system and everything felt quite strong. The rail is secured to 3 studs, 2 screws each. I also added the typical foam insulation to keep the hooks from digging into door window gaskets.
Pics (I apologize for the glare):
Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Tints and shades Wood Metal Fashion accessory Shadow

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks Good! Been thinking about something like this. My blown out shoulders won't allow me to lift my doors that high, but I have a nice spot about eye level picked out in the back of my garage.

#7 ·
These look great, this may be on the list for next week.

Anyone know if there's any long term issues hanging the doors by the sills?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.