Hanson Off Road JK Tailgate Mount Tire Carrier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hanson Off Road JK Tailgate Mount Tire Carrier

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hanson Off Road JK Tailgate Mount Tire Carrier

Does anyone have one of these or know anything about it? Does it really do what they say? Can I mount my 35" spare on it and not have to worry about it being too heavy? Even when doing some light off roading?

http://www.hansonoffroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=JKT2-P

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Deep Cherry Red, 2.5" Lift, American Racing ATX Thug Wheels, 35x12.5/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
MEYJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
5foot19
2011 JK Wrangler 

for the price, I'd spend a little more and get the teraflex version. It looks much nicer, and it mooks much more solit to me.

http://www.teraflex.biz/teraflex-jk-...nting-kit.html
5foot19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5foot19 View Post
for the price, I'd spend a little more and get the teraflex version. It looks much nicer, and it mooks much more solit to me.

http://www.teraflex.biz/teraflex-jk-...nting-kit.html
I looked at it first. But my thought was I would rather go ahead and spend a little more for a bumper with carrier. But I found the hanson on craigslist that I may be able to get for much less.

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Deep Cherry Red, 2.5" Lift, American Racing ATX Thug Wheels, 35x12.5/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
MEYJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

this one is priced about the same as the hanson and will handle up to a 37" tire.
works with the stock tire mount.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12226_2021_07.htm
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEYJR View Post
...Does it really do what they say? Can I mount my 35" spare on it and not have to worry about it being too heavy? Even when doing some light off roading?

http://www.hansonoffroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=JKT2-P
Although it’s not a “looker” it does seem to be built in a way that should hold up just fine.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Personally, save up for a bumper with carrier. IMO its worth the extra money to get a full bumper with it already built into it, and cheaper.

How cheap are you talking about, 500 bucks is not cheap to me for just a carrier..
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEYJR View Post
I looked at it first. But my thought was I would rather go ahead and spend a little more for a bumper with carrier. But I found the hanson on craigslist that I may be able to get for much less.
Even used I would not put that on my jeep. Looks cheap IMO. The Teraflex is a much better looking option.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Although it’s not a “looker” it does seem to be built in a way that should hold up just fine.
Holy hell is that thing ugly but I guess if you get a good price on it off craigslist it looks like it's functional.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

You can check out the AEV rear tire carrier kit that can be used with the factory bumper. I am surprised that more people don't use this.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Holy hell is that thing ugly...
I was doing my best to keep from saying that but now that you did I wholly agree. For the love of god, would someone please put that thing out of its misery? My eyes, my eyes.
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
You can check out the AEV rear tire carrier kit that can be used with the factory bumper. I am surprised that more people don't use this.
Good point.

I had bought that for my Jeep a while back but ended up butchering the stock bumper and decided to toss it. So then I ordered their (AEV) bumper and now have the complete package. It cost me more doing it that way but all said and done I really like the outcome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.