Had my Spiderweb bikini top for 2 months now... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Had my Spiderweb bikini top for 2 months now...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 08-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
jodpel
2008 JK Wrangler 

Had my Spiderweb bikini top for 2 months now...

I've had this Spiderweb top for a couple of months and I really like it. It makes a huge difference in the interior temperature in the Texas heat. I really enjoy running without doors more now that I don't feel like I'm being cooked alive in the August heat.

I took it wheelin this weekend. I left the doors on for this trip. I was hoping hit some mud and play. The drought took all the mud, though. The top encountered several low hanging branches on some trails that looked like they were really for ATVs instead of jeeps. The dead branches were pretty "jagged" looking. No rips or snags in the material!

detonatorrubi.jpg  
Unread 08-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have had mine for quite a while now too and it is a great top. I have been caught in a couple rain storms driving home in the jeep and it keeps some of the rain out when I am moving.

It is an awesome top

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

where was that? Spring Creek, BVOR, Barnwell, other?

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
jodpel
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
where was that? Spring Creek, BVOR, Barnwell, other?
That's a little place outside Rockdale, TX called Tire Trax. I wouldn't recommend it. I don't have anybody to wheel with so it worked well for me. I just wanted to try out my lockers and practice going up and down some steep grades. I had fun, but I've seen your videos and stuff. You would be bored to tears! It's really mainly an ATV place with some jumps and a couple of rough looking gullies.

I met the guy that runs Round Rock Jeeps which is near Austin. They go out to Long Ranch and have fun. He said he would invite me next time they go. I'm hoping to learn how to wheel by going with some Austin people. For now, it's driving up and down gullies in the home town for me.
Unread 08-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bored? Not me! If I have it in 4wd, I'm not bored

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Maybe I'm missing something here. What is the point if you have a soft top? Looks to me like it takes longer to put up/ take down this bikini than it does to just flip the top up and down (less than 4 min for me).

That and the soft top will keep rain out.
Unread 08-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

it is mesh so it keeps the sun out but you still get that open feeling. It just installs and stays on all the time. When my softop is on the spiderweb top is still on. So you don't have to do anything with it.

It is a great top!

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here. What is the point if you have a soft top? Looks to me like it takes longer to put up/ take down this bikini than it does to just flip the top up and down (less than 4 min for me).

That and the soft top will keep rain out.
It's a mesh top...keeps the heat down while running topless. I've got one, it's great.

Edit: you can also put the soft top/hard top up with this attached too...fit's underneath.
09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ah, okay. Got it. Thanks.

Can't see the "mesh" effect too well in the pictures.
Unread 08-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
jodpel
2008 JK Wrangler 

Most of the time, I run without doors and the top is hanging in the garage. I was hoping to get into the mud Saturday so I had it all on there. However, there was no mud. Central Texas looks like a bale of hay right now. The holes in the mesh are pretty small. It does look almost solid unless you sit in the jeep and look up.
Unread 08-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just ordered one today. Glad to see this post and that its holding up well.
Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
jarrod318
2007 JK Wrangler 

Can you please post some pix of how you attached it to the front? I have to much slack and it is hard to latch the softop while the sipderweb is on? What am i doing wrong?
jarrod318 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
skivviss
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod318 View Post
Can you please post some pix of how you attached it to the front? I have to much slack and it is hard to latch the softop while the sipderweb is on? What am i doing wrong?
YouTube - vehiclespa's Channel

strange soundtrack for a how-to, but enjoyable none-the-less...
skivviss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Does this cut down on wind noise at all? I'd like to pick one up!
AlanZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #15
ZBoater
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have it on my 2dr Sahara and it is very nice. It also stays on when the hard top is on, and acts as a bit of a liner. My only complaint is that the back passengers need to duck a bit as the top tapers down a bit low. But then again if I really cared about the back passengers I would have gotten a 4dr...
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr auto w/4.10, Green Metallic, Freedom Top, Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar 35x12.5x17, Procomp Series 7069 wheels, OME 2" suspension kit, K&N air filter, Optima Yellowtop D34/78, Superchips Flashpaq, MyGig RER 2.045, Hella 700FF, KC Daylighters 631.
ZBoater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.