Hacking the CAN-Interior Bus - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hacking the CAN-Interior Bus

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #46
fastfreddie

Make it so that ALL the nanny-state features(ABS, ESC, etc.) can be disabled and I'll send you a blank check.

fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #47
RawLiquid

Exactly what I've been looking for!

I've been searching for this info since I bought my JKU, and moreso since I put in all LED bulbs.
It seems to me that the 'fast flash' for the turn signals may be software controlled, and if so I'd like to cancel that message out somehow as all my bulbs are just fine...
What leads me to believe this is if I hit the hazard button, the flash rate goes back to normal.
Additionally, I've had several occasions where while driving, it has gotten reset...

It takes 3 blinks of the turn signal before it activates, and when the reset occurs, the rate goes to normal for 3 cycles.

I don't suppose you have any info on this? I have not yet re-opened my dash to connect via the radio connection, but will be doing so at the latest this weekend.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Nathan
RawLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #48
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLiquid
I've been searching for this info since I bought my JKU, and moreso since I put in all LED bulbs.
It seems to me that the 'fast flash' for the turn signals may be software controlled, and if so I'd like to cancel that message out somehow as all my bulbs are just fine...
What leads me to believe this is if I hit the hazard button, the flash rate goes back to normal.
Additionally, I've had several occasions where while driving, it has gotten reset...

It takes 3 blinks of the turn signal before it activates, and when the reset occurs, the rate goes to normal for 3 cycles.

I don't suppose you have any info on this? I have not yet re-opened my dash to connect via the radio connection, but will be doing so at the latest this weekend.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Nathan
Install a resistor for your led lights. The quick flash happens when you burn out a lamp. Because led draws much less power your jeep thinks you have a bulb burned out. Any good led light kit will come with a built in resistor to compensate for this. Same thing with head light flicker on led bulbs. It's the can us sending a signal to check status of the bulb.
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #49
RawLiquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by YATZI1980 View Post
Install a resistor for your led lights. The quick flash happens when you burn out a lamp. Because led draws much less power your jeep thinks you have a bulb burned out. Any good led light kit will come with a built in resistor to compensate for this. Same thing with head light flicker on led bulbs. It's the can us sending a signal to check status of the bulb.
I do understand that is the generally accepted explanation of what's going on. And I have done quite a bit of searching on the subject as well as my own tests, and while I am sure that statement was true, I also believe that the game has changed significantly.
I realize that I may very well end up at that very conclusion, but until I have proven that to myself I will continue reading and looking.

Some of the reasons I believe the flash rate is software controlled and subject to alteration is that with all led bulbs, each side fast flashes.Hazards do not...
I also wired up some leds that drew around the same amount of power as the incandescent, wit the same result.

I do thank you for taking the time to respond though, especially to the fact that it was a real answer as many times by the time I go to the web for things, they are so buried in people saying to go search for it or link after link you have to be a detective to get anywhere.
RawLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #50
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

You're right there is definitely programming in the software. Maybe the hazards don't flash quickly because of the tail lights being involved in that circuit? I'm better with wiring than programming so the easy fix for me is adding a resistor. Anyway you look at it the software monitors the circuit through resistance. Good luck though I'm interested to see if you find something.
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.