H D Battery - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > H D Battery

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #31
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

Online, the platinums don't show up for me and the guy at the store said he doesn't have any and the computer doesn't show any are on the way.

The Deka Intimidator appears to look very similar to the battery sears in now carrying which they call the Diehard Gold AGM.

From what I read, the Deka seems like a pretty good battery. I don't know that I would pay $100 more to get the odyssey brand but I was okay paying $200 for the platinum.

duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #32
SubAtomicGenius
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
My optima seems to be doing fine but its only going on 4 years. I have a diehard in my commander.

I heard rumors sears is dropping the platinum and the have a new agm made by deka? Warranty not as good but I hear the deka battery is pretty decent.
They used to have a good reputation, until they moved all of their manufacturing into Mexico. Quality Control and Assurance is down the tubes... We can' t keep them in our forklifts at work - however our purchasing department keeps buying them up instead of switching to a quality AGM brand such as Odyssey.

Now it appears that Optima only spends money on advertising in the US/North America instead of offering a quality product. They've certainly have a lot of people fooled.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:45 AM   #33
PaXJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
Online, the platinums don't show up for me and the guy at the store said he doesn't have any and the computer doesn't show any are on the way.

The Deka Intimidator appears to look very similar to the battery sears in now carrying which they call the Diehard Gold AGM.

From what I read, the Deka seems like a pretty good battery. I don't know that I would pay $100 more to get the odyssey brand but I was okay paying $200 for the platinum.
Funny, our local sears automotive shows the Sears DieHard Platinum 34/78DT is avaliable. Maybe just your part of the country.
PaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #34
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Same thing for me. Saw it online

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinu...8&blockType=G8
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #35
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

It is showing available again for me however the price is $40 more than when I bought mine about a year ago, I wonder if it was on sale then?

Either way, if the diehard is available I think they are great batteries.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #36
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider
It is showing available again for me however the price is $40 more than when I bought mine about a year ago, I wonder if it was on sale then? Either way, if the diehard is available I think they are great batteries.
They might have run out of stock with the cold snap most of the country was hit with recently.

I bought mine last march, also $40 less but i can't remember either if it was on sale. I didn't *need* a new battery but figured 5 winters was enough on the stocker....
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.