Guess I'll live on both sides of the fence now... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Guess I'll live on both sides of the fence now...

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Guess I'll live on both sides of the fence now...

Saturday morning I d goodbye to this:

and d hello to this:

Wel'll miss the SRT, but we'll enjoy the Jeep. Lower payments and cheaper insurance, gas, maintenance, and repair parts... and it's a Jeep!

And, no! I didn't ge rid of my TJ. This is her vehicle. But she has assured me I'm free to modify as I wish once the warranty runs out

So far it's great, except that it really is a slug... even compared to the TJ. But I'm thinking 33s with 4.88s will help that!

We're putting the soft top on when she gets home from work...

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Beautiful, what is the gear ratio now?
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's got 3.73 and the auto. That 3.8 just seems very weak for that heavy Jeep. It's all stock except for the step bars and bug guard that the PO put on. Only 10,000 miles...

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

My 6spd with 3.21's doesn't feel too weak, but it doesn't feel strong. Never drove a auto jeep though..
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

Same as my jeep! Congrats!
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
It's got 3.73 and the auto. That 3.8 just seems very weak for that heavy Jeep. It's all stock except for the step bars and bug guard that the PO put on. Only 10,000 miles...
My wife has the 3.73/auto/4door and the Superchips Flashpaq truly woke it up with the 91 performance tune. It bumped the fuel economy 1-2mpg as well. I was about to accept the fact that I was going to have to shell out $$$ to regear before we even upgraded her suspension and tire size. For the ~$280 of the flashpaq, we're able to continue to enjoy the vehicle while saving for the 1st big round of mods. Not to mention the flashpaq features will continue to be worthy even after the tires/regear in the future.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
tennistom1
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asknight View Post
... the Superchips Flashpaq truly woke it up with the 91 performance tune.

Sounds interesting, does that mean you need to use premium fuel?
Unread 06-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #8
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congratulations on the new wheels
Just make sure when you order parts for this one that you check the box marked L.H.D.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 05:27 AM   #9
Voyame
2007 JK Wrangler 

Excellent move, definitely an upgrade (my own biased opinion and the Jeep will handle those off road excursions so much better.
Voyame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:08 AM   #10
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

You know its bad when you move to a Jeep and get BETTER mpg :-)
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ask - Thank for the info, I'll have to look into that for sure!

JLC - I told her I was gona get her a 2010 Unlimited RHD. She said no I wasn't!

Voyame - Offroad? It'll handle potholes and speed bumps better

Bioni - Very true!

EDIT - BTW - That soft top was a real PITA! ( and ofcourse there were no screws for the bow to roll bar brackets) Good thing I had some OE bolts that were removed from ? on the TJ that were the right size...

Quote:

Last edited by NotURMailman; 06-01-2010 at 07:13 AM..
Unread 06-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #12
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

I can imagine the auto 4DR with 3.73 being a tad weak. I just got a manual 4DR with 3.73, and its just about right. I saw some Unlimiteds at the dealer which came with 3.21, now that would suck.. IMHO I think 3.21 are only acceptable for the 2DR, and I've had both..
Unread 06-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Congratulations!!!

Nice Jeep........
Unread 06-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennistom1 View Post
Sounds interesting, does that mean you need to use premium fuel?
With the 91 tune, yes. However at a 1-2MPG increase, you're gaining ~30-50 miles of extra range per tank for that additional cost of $2-4 per tank.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #15
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice JK Put that sucker in 2nd on the highway and tell me what the power is like The 3.8L makes its power so high and the 42rle brings the RPMs way down
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.