Grille inserts '13 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Grille inserts '13 JK

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
kylejeap
2013 JK Wrangler 

Grille inserts '13 JK

Good day all.

Are there any recommendations on Grille inserts for my JK 2013, 2 door Wrangler? I plan on getting them this week. Thank you. <><

Unread 06-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
kylejeap
2013 JK Wrangler 

And IRT tires. My tires are stock tires and I am looking for a good on road/off road set. I do not want to lift the jeep yet, so some good tires that remain with the current lift.
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
davecaris
2013 JK Wrangler 

I really like the rugged ridge billet inserts, just be careful when installing, not to break any tabs.
Or you could go with the DIY inserts from Home Depot or Lowes.
davecaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
LVCapo
The Voice Of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

I made mine out of security door mesh (A full size door section is $22 at Home Depot), some plastic anchor points and thin wire....painted it with rustoleum.......toital invested was under $32.
As far as tires go, are you going to keep the stock wheels or move to an aftermarket wheel?
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
kylejeap
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
I made mine out of security door mesh (A full size door section is $22 at Home Depot), some plastic anchor points and thin wire....painted it with rustoleum.......toital invested was under $32.
As far as tires go, are you going to keep the stock wheels or move to an aftermarket wheel?
Aftermarket.
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
LVCapo
The Voice Of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

The Drake inserts are nice, have them on the wife's jeep. They look good and stand up well to weather and rocks.
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ruged Ridge.

rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
LVCapo
The Voice Of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejeap View Post
Aftermarket.
We have Duratracs on one and Dick Cepek Fun Country II on the other. The Duratracs are a bit lighter, but don't have the sidewall protection of the FC II. Both handle well on and Offroad. Look for something n the 285/70/17 flavor if you aren't going to lift it.
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
JKPaul
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the plain black inserts and like them. You need to start looking online at all the options that are out there as there are many, and whats going to match your Jeep, color, other options you plan to do down the road. Good Luck.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.......'!
JKPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
kylejeap
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPaul View Post
I have the plain black inserts and like them. You need to start looking online at all the options that are out there as there are many, and whats going to match your Jeep, color, other options you plan to do down the road. Good Luck.
I wound up buying the Drake alumanim(?) shiney ones. I like'em aplenty. Thanks folks.
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
06bluebeast
2013 JK Wrangler 

i have the rugged ridge mesh grill, one piece, looks nice, good price. As far as tires go, i would suggest rubi take offs, best price you will find on an aggressive 32" tire.
06bluebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #12
kylejeap
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06bluebeast View Post
i have the rugged ridge mesh grill, one piece, looks nice, good price. As far as tires go, i would suggest rubi take offs, best price you will find on an aggressive 32" tire.
I bought the A/T 265 - ? - 16. I now have 4 stock tires for sale. Only 4200 miles.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.