Grab Handles and Straps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Grab Handles and Straps

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 05-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
mdjk10
2010 JK Wrangler 

Grab Handles and Straps

Looking to add grab handles on both driver and passenger sides of my 2010 2 door Sport. What type works best? Also used factory straps to roll back window up this weekend, but for some reason the straps are elastic and the window hangs down too low. Any suggested fixes, or should I buy new straps from American Outlaw that appear to fix this problem? Or are there other better straps?

mdjk10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
RockMonster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Get the cheapest ones unless you like the way the handles look or something.
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

grab handles that fasten in 3 places are least likely to wander around the bar....(if you have a manual, you'll never use it!)

On the rear window, I use some short nylon straps with velcro (REI, I think), mounted just inside that seam on the top, and it keeps the window up inside the top. They're mounted in such a place as to keep the window/channel from warping too badly in the summer sun...
...my $.02

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I like http://www.surprisestraps.com/

They look good and are pretty cheap compared to the others. You can make ones like these on your own but it was not worth it to me for $40 to have someone do a good job on the mounting points.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Grab handles on a bare cage can be very dangerous in a roll...the flexible handle rolls to the outside of the cage pinning your hand between the roll bar and against whatever you hit. We almost had an amputation on a trail in Moab a couple of years ago when the rig fell sideways into a
rock ledge...helivaced the person out and saved the hand. Best is to have fixed hand holds welded on or with clamps...after that accident, took mine off ASAP.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to need grab handles of some kind. Looking for solutions.
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.