Gotta love that Lifetime Powertrain Warranty - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Gotta love that Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #16
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
dont get too excited. it says
The car still has the original engine, though it was rebuilt twice in the car's lifetime.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2fgtbw4EP

So i guess that wouldnt be a bad thing if you had a lifetime warranty and chrysler pays for the rebuilds. So is it a true 3 million mile car? U can make almost any engine last forever if you keep rebuilding it or replacing it. same with any other part of the car.
It's like owning George Washington's original hatchet.
It's just had a few new handles, and a couple new heads since he owned it.

ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #17
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hosts of the radio show Car Talk often mentioned a vehicle can be made to last forever. The problem is that you will be rebuilding the vehicle rather than repairing it. Older vehicles were much more noisey than today's models and like the 3 million mile car they usually had no air conditioner. Then too there comes a point where rebuilding versus buying a new vehicle is a bad financial choice.

Did this Volvo actually travel 3 million miles though? Unless the owner was traveling for work and did not lose his sanity after the first million miles, it cannot be done. 3 million miles / 47 years = 63,830 miles per year. How does someone have that much time to travel regularly for a duration that is nearly half a century? And what about the cost of gasoline and maintenance? For a guy who was a teacher and had a family, it seems unlikely that he could afford these costs.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #18
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Rubicon View Post
Hosts of the radio show Car Talk often mentioned a vehicle can be made to last forever. The problem is that you will be rebuilding the vehicle rather than repairing it. Older vehicles were much more noisey than today's models and like the 3 million mile car they usually had no air conditioner. Then too there comes a point where rebuilding versus buying a new vehicle is a bad financial choice.

Did this Volvo actually travel 3 million miles though? Unless the owner was traveling for work and did not lose his sanity after the first million miles, it cannot be done. 3 million miles / 47 years = 63,830 miles per year. How does someone have that much time to travel regularly for a duration that is nearly half a century? And what about the cost of gasoline and maintenance? For a guy who was a teacher and had a family, it seems unlikely that he could afford these costs.
This car first came into the limelight back when it was approaching 1 million miles. I'm pretty sure it's been well documented, with not much room for fraud.
ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #19
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My 5-year maintenance is a year away. I wonder what it is going to cost? Probably $500 at the dealership.

One of my former co-workers had an XJ with over 600,000 miles on it. The vehicle would have survived to 1,000,000 miles but neither he nor the previous owner took good care of it.
The 5 year inspection is free at any Jeep or Chrysler dealer.
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #20
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rirrgang View Post
The 5 year inspection is free at any Jeep or Chrysler dealer.
I was referring to the actual maintenance, though. Besides, there is no such thing as a free inspection. If they cannot find anything wrong, they will make up something.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
devilsfiddle
2008 JK Wrangler 

08's are a keeper!! 60k so far on mine!
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #22
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2008 JK Wrangler 

Original owner of a 2008 JKU with just over 50K miles here. We paid ours off a few years back and it's a keeper; no issues, but nice to know it has the lifetime warranty.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
devilsfiddle
2008 JK Wrangler 

No issues either. Original owner just replaced the stock soft top with bikini
Combo looks so much better.
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #24
gunbo75

Yep i have 125,500 miles and all good.
gunbo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #25
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I was referring to the actual maintenance, though. Besides, there is no such thing as a free inspection. If they cannot find anything wrong, they will make up something.
You have such a positive attitude.

On my last 5 year inspection, Stevens Creek Jeep in San Jose found nothing wrong with my Jeep. They didn't prompt me to fix my muffler bearings or change my blinker fluid. They replaced a cracked exhaust header under warranty.
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #26
marklk
2012 JK Wrangler 

On our Dodge (I wish we had lifetime on our Jeep) we got a new transmission at no cost to us. We had to wait a couple of days for approval but it was hassle free. The five year inspection was also free and they didn't try to stick us for anything.
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

My dad purchased a brand new E350, the last year for the 7.3L (I believe it's an 03'), and is getting ready to roll over 1,000,000 miles on the original drivetrain. That's almost 1 million miles in 10 years. He averages 100,000 miles a year on his vans. It's possible.

The dealership I ordered my Jeep through offers a lifetime powertrain warranty. But here's the catch, everything, and I mean everything, must be done by the dealer. Screw that.
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #28
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

I only have a 100K warranty on my 2011, but I can say that I'm very happy with it today. The rear diff imploded, last Thursday. Took my local dealer a few days to get it looked at, but today they confirmed that the entire repair is covered by the warranty. Service rep is trying to get me a free rental, since it took 4 days to get it looked at.
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #29
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Update :
Got the JK back last Wednesday after an 8 day stay in the service bay.
Under the lifetime powertrain warranty they replaced the following.
Solenoid pack in the tranny. New ATF and filter.
Replaced rear main crank seal.
Replaced front main shaft seal on the tranny.
Replaced Left rear axle bearing, seal and emergency brake shoes.
Adjusted E brake.
Picked up the Jeep and found the shifter cable was not adjusted properly. All gears were about a half detent out of location. Called the dealer and they came out Thursday to pick the JK up from my shop to adjust the cable. Brought the JK back in a couple of hours. All is well.
Those who can't stop calling the dealer, the "stealership" need to find a better dealer. Stevens Creek Jeep in San Jose knows how to keep a customer.
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:10 AM   #30
spinlock

I had an '09 with the lifetime warranty. Starting sometime last year I started getting letters from 7-8 dealers in the area to trade it in and some pretty good trade-in offers. Early this year the offers were so frequent, I suspected something was going on. When I took it in for a small recall l had pending I talked to the store GM whom I bumped into and asked him about all the letters. He said that Jeep had incentives at some point in selected areas to get owners of vehicles with lifetime warranties to trade them in, since the warranty is not transferable.
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.