Got a new Snorkel and had some fun (but not with the snorkel) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Got a new Snorkel and had some fun (but not with the snorkel)

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #16
ebp99si
2008 JK Wrangler 

whats the price for the river raider?
i was looking at getting the aev, but this 1 looks better

ebp99si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #17
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsig View Post
I love mine too and it works great with the Hypertech Max Energy Programmer Lots of power now! After putting on the RR my mpg went up to 2 mpg. And now I am getting over 19 + mpg with both.

This is how I hooked it up!

2007 JK 4 Door, 33" BF Goodrich MTKs, River Raider Ram Air Snorkel System with a K&N flat filter, Cool Tech Exhaust, 410 Gears, Front & Rear Lockers with OX covers, 2.5" Suspension Lift with Heavy Duty Gas Shocks, Piaa Yellow Ion Fog Lights, Custom Built Steel Front Ram Bumper with White Fog Lights, 10,000 lbs Front & Rear Removable Winch, Garmin Jeep Trail Guide Navigation System with Topo, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Sirius Satellite 6 disk in dash changer Infinity 7 speakers with sub system, Full Rubber Floors With Jeep Slush Mats and Custom Fit Neoprene Seat Covers and Grab handles.
See my Jeep in action @
Bear Island, Florida 01.09.10
It is very cool I just don't like how much space you lose with the snorkel plumbing under the hood and relocating the battery and can't run twins that way ....Not bashin but I think I'll go with the AEV . Nice Jeep.....Very nice !
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #18
hughes278
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know any advantages/disadvantages there are between the river raider and the AEV snorkel? I really want to get one, however, I also want a roof rack...doesn't look like the racks I am looking at would work with any snorkel system I have seen?
hughes278 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

The best advantage of the RR snorkel is the fact that it's made out of metal. I know of at least one guy that has stated his snorkel is what kept his windshield from getting jacked up on a particular area of the trail.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 04:24 AM   #20
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes278 View Post
Anyone know any advantages/disadvantages there are between the river raider and the AEV snorkel? I really want to get one, however, I also want a roof rack...doesn't look like the racks I am looking at would work with any snorkel system I have seen?
River Raider can change the mount for a extra charge if you have know the space needed with the roof rack.
I think the River Raider is made much better and stronger than the others!
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
hughes278
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you i didnt know thay could change it
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #22
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiguy7 View Post
I live in Olympia. But, I bought my Jeep in Longview. The dealer down there is great. My brother works for the dealership. Those most recent pictures are from the A-line area of Capitol Forest. There are some great road/trails there. We are stoked about trying the power line trails. They had some wicked hill climbs.

You can also wheel at Tahuya. There is no snow there now. Have fun. Check out the NW section for wheeling. I will post next time we go out in case someone wants to join us.
Sweet! I haven't seen you around Oly. We live up in the north end of the county. Got 2 JKs, An '07 X with lift and 37's, half doors and soft top. And an '08 Rubicon that'll get lifted soon enough. Both are Unlimiteds.

Bob K.
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #23
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

mrsig, did you check your differentials after the water crossing in the second pic? Water higher than 18 inches submerges the diff breathing tube.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #24
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
mrsig, did you check your differentials after the water crossing in the second pic? Water higher than 18 inches submerges the diff breathing tube.
I believe you but I dont understad that... Jeep states that the wrangler can do water fording up to 30"...
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 04:36 AM   #25
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
I believe you but I dont understad that... Jeep states that the wrangler can do water fording up to 30"...
I think my owners manual said 24". I'll have to double check. At any rate, I recall seeing my diff breather tubes running up near the top of the radiator and the rear going up the fuel filler tube? Both of those are well above 24-30".
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 04:40 AM   #26
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
All ways but I don't need to worry all 4 of my breathers are raised up.
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #27
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Pg. 292 of our owners manual:
Standing Water
Avoid driving in standing water deeper than 20 inches,
and reduce speed appropriately to minimize wave effects.
Maximum speed in 20 inches of water is less than 5
mph (8 km/h).
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #28
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsig View Post
All ways but I don't need to worry all 4 of my breathers are raised up.
That's awesome. Is there a kit for that or did you put that together yourself?
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #29
bubba2u
2009 JK Wrangler 

bubba2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #30
hughes278
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cant you somehow put the tubes through ther airfilter box so they would use the snorkel system to breathe? I dont know if this is possible... Total noob on this but seems like if you could that would make everything waterproof up to the snorkel level in theory

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.