Got a new Snorkel and had some fun (but not with the snorkel) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Got a new Snorkel and had some fun (but not with the snorkel)

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 02-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
hifiguy7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got a new Snorkel and had some fun (but not with the snorkel)

Well, I got the River Raider Snorkel (love the quality and sound). This was a case of closing the barn door after the cows got out (that's the last I'll publicly say on the subject). But, I also found some great fun wheeling in the NW.

Go find power line roads. They are the best. Here are some pix from the weekend. Oh yeah, only high center if you have a buddy or tree to winch you off. And, before I forget... all that armor under a Rubicon is worth its weight in gold.

img_0124.jpg   img_0134.jpg   img_0150.jpg  
hifiguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

DUDE...you stole the jeep I had on order for 8 months!!! I eventually had to settle for a black 2 door!! Love that color, 4 door, rubi....etc!!! (seriously, that is the jeep I had on order!!)

ANYWAY Someone else mentioned increased HP "feel" by putting on the snorkel...did you feel a difference??
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Did you do the install yourself? I am LOVING it!!!
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
hifiguy7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I had the time and energy to install all my Jeep stuff myself. But alas, I like to have things done by professionals. My Jeep dealer installed and painted the snorkel for me.

I only noticed a difference in the sound when I installed a K&M air filter in place of my stock filter. Note: The snorkel uses the stock air box in an ingenious way. I will post interior engine compartment pix as soon as I have time.

JS
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

I love mine too and it works great with the Hypertech Max Energy Programmer Lots of power now! After putting on the RR my mpg went up to 2 mpg. And now I am getting over 19 + mpg with both.

This is how I hooked it up!

2007 JK 4 Door, 33" BF Goodrich MTKs, River Raider Ram Air Snorkel System with a K&N flat filter, Cool Tech Exhaust, 410 Gears, Front & Rear Lockers with OX covers, 2.5" Suspension Lift with Heavy Duty Gas Shocks, Piaa Yellow Ion Fog Lights, Custom Built Steel Front Ram Bumper with White Fog Lights, 10,000 lbs Front & Rear Removable Winch, Garmin Jeep Trail Guide Navigation System with Topo, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Sirius Satellite 6 disk in dash changer Infinity 7 speakers with sub system, Full Rubber Floors With Jeep Slush Mats and Custom Fit Neoprene Seat Covers and Grab handles.
See my Jeep in action @
http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
HFJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

hifiguy7- what size lift and tires? Are those the xeon flat fender flares? They look awesome.

[B]Previous jeeps:[/B]
'94 xj, '98 zj. '98 tj, '02 kj, '02 tj
HFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
hifiguy7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, they are Xenon fender flares. Thanks for the compliment. I have a 4-inch Superlift and the tires are BFG M/T 35/1250's. It looks tall on the one shot because I am high centered on a hump in a gravel pit. I was waiting to winch off when the pix was snapped.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

hifi, I sent you a PM but i see now how the battery location changes.

2 questions, how does the sheet metal cutting go and how does the snorkel mount on the outside?
Unread 02-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Hey hifi, what part of washington are you in?

And where do you find wheeling around here that isn't covered in snow right now?

Zak

Edit: Oh yeah, on friday my dad and I are going to test drive JKs. We have decided that the 4-door Jeep Green Rubicon is what we want. Now that I see yours, I want it even more.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #10
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWalnut13 View Post
Hey hifi, what part of washington are you in?

And where do you find wheeling around here that isn't covered in snow right now?
And which dealer did the work?
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #11
hifiguy7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Olympia. But, I bought my Jeep in Longview. The dealer down there is great. My brother works for the dealership. Those most recent pictures are from the A-line area of Capitol Forest. There are some great road/trails there. We are stoked about trying the power line trails. They had some wicked hill climbs.

You can also wheel at Tahuya. There is no snow there now. Have fun. Check out the NW section for wheeling. I will post next time we go out in case someone wants to join us.
Unread 02-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
Da Hui

I like it! I personally would have left it black though rather than color matching. It would go good with those wheels (Procomp 7089s?)

I don't own a Jeep.
Da Hui is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #13
warCryr
2008 JK Wrangler 

is there a river riader snorkel installation guide somewhere??

also, how water tight is the stock airbox?
Unread 02-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #14
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

Check the River Raider web site for the installation guide.
When you retro fit the box it is 100% water tight! River Raider gives you all the parts you need to do the air box!
Over 2 years now and still looks and works great!
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #15
DominicR
2011 JK Wrangler 

hifiguy - if you don't mind me asking, what lights do you have mounted on your windshield? Your Jeep looks great.
DominicR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.