Got my Mygig uconnect working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Got my Mygig uconnect working

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 02-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
highoctane
2013 WK 

Got my Mygig uconnect working

Well after doing some searching I went to the local Jeep dealer and bought a mic kit for $43. Pulled the head unit out, plugged in the mic, went to the engineering menu and turned on voice recognition and it works like a charm. Woulda been sweet if this was an option on the wrangler. Crazy part is the Jeep dealer wanted $165 to install it for me. HA! Anyway I LOVE the voice feature and uconnect. Excellent mod for anyone with mygig. VERY easy. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being hardest, I'd give this a 1. Here's where I mounted the mic. Works like a charm.

highoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Uconnect

Great location that is where I will install mine. I have already ordered my mic just waiting for it to arrive.
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
nycrd
2008 JK Wrangler 

This may be a really dumb question, but what has to be done to get the "Bluetooth" feature to work on the MyGig unit so I can pair my cell phone to it? Is the mic all that's needed for hands free calling?
nycrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 05:01 AM   #4
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

I Put My Mic Above The Mirror On That Plastic By The Windshield. I Am Waiting For Warm Weather To See If It's Good There With The Top Down. I Was Told That It Is The Worst Place For The Wind And If It Is I Will Move It.

You Just Have To Press In This Sequence:
Menu
System Setup
Phone Pairing
Pair
Create A Pin # And Touch Pair Again
Then Go To Your Phone And Start Its Pairing Procedure

If You Are Gonna Pair More Than One Phone St The Prority To The Primary Phone To Be Used At #1

My Lg Pairs Up Immediately When I Get Into The Jeep,but My Wifes Blackberry Needs To Be Connected Everytime She Wants To Use It. Not The Full Setup Procedure Though. The Phone Automatically Prompts The Pairing And She Pushes Yes And It's Done.
Unread 02-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
highoctane
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycrd View Post
This may be a really dumb question, but what has to be done to get the "Bluetooth" feature to work on the MyGig unit so I can pair my cell phone to it? Is the mic all that's needed for hands free calling?
You have to buy the mic kit, part # 1-82211743AB. Install it where you want. To activate uconnect go into the engineering menu by holding seek up, seek down, and menu all at once. Scroll down till you see something like voice activation, enable it. That's it. After that it's easy to pair a phone with it.
Unread 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

Another thing to be sure of is your software version. The Engineering menu didn't have the "Enable JK HF+VR" until the later versions, so if you don't see it after scrolling down the entire menu, you may need to update software (latest is 9.807 on http://mofv.com/mygig )

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
highoctane
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSport View Post
Another thing to be sure of is your software version. The Engineering menu didn't have the "Enable JK HF+VR" until the later versions, so if you don't see it after scrolling down the entire menu, you may need to update software (latest is 9.807 on http://mofv.com/mygig )
Good point, forgot about that. Mine had the latest version since mine is a late '08 model.
Unread 07-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #8
mckenzjs

mic mounting

hi, the picture did not come through for where you mounted the mic, could you send the pic to mckenzjs@rogers.com, as well as the part number? thanks
mckenzjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
SilverBack4Jack
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is the mic the only thing needed on any of the radios. I have the single disc radio but no uconnect of course
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #10
gpb

SilverBack4Jack -- I believe that mic kit is only for the MyGig RER unit. Other radio's require an add-on box as well. I don't know much beyond that though.
gpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #11
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

SilverBack...if you don't have the RER Nav MyGig, then you need to complete UConnect kit. Part number is 82211004AB, List price is like $257

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #12
SilverBack4Jack
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info at that price I may have to talk the wife into it!
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.