Got mine! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Got mine!

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 05-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
Zero-G

Got mine!

I've been lurking here for quite some time. Waiting to purchase until my divorce was finalized. We signed yesterday

I've been wanting the basic 4-door Rubicon... soft top with the power group. I called literally 50 dealerships and found four that fit the bill within 300 miles.

I had all four salesman take my credit card, only to hear back from them that the vehicles were already sold. I readjusted my goal to a fully loaded sahara with manual transmission. I love manual, it gives a broader range of the driving experience for me, and if I was going to lower my expectations then I wanted to compensate with the manual.

Yesterday, in Tomball, Texas, I found a fully loaded, dual-top, myGig, 18" wheels etc. in the color I wanted... with a manual!

Today my brother and I and my two boys went to pick it up. In the end this turns out to be the perfect vehicle for me. I doubt that I will ever be in the position where I need the additional capabilities of the Rubicon. I have already spent more time with the MyGig than I likely ever would have had the sway bar disconnected.

So tonight, a silver Sahara sits in front of my house. It took a lot of time on the phone to find it, but I can't tell you how happy I am with the purchase!

Thanks for all the good advice on this board, folks... I'll see you around

Cheers!

- zg

Zero-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
JurassicMan

Congrats now lets see some pics.
JurassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Zero-G

LOL!
It looks just like every other Silver Sahara.... but as soon as I can take some I'll post.
Unread 05-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Kevin_G
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah... But its YOUR Silver Sahara! Congrats!
Kevin_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #5
daFoo

I'm chewing my nails wondering if my Rubi Order is going to make it or get cut... Date order was 4/16.

I'm looking all over as well just in case, since I already sold my old Jeep, and i'm now on 2 wheels till it arrives! AZ is getting hot too!

2007 Yellow Rubi 4 door. 2.5 TeraFlex Lift, 4 Rancho Grab handles, Yellow Silblade Wipers.
My Jeep with 2.5in Lift
daFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #6
Bamoman
2007 JK Wrangler 

uuuuuum did you drive it by the Xs house, hop out and do the dance??!!??

congratz on the Sahara....i love mine too

Auto|Sirius|Trac-lok Rear Diff |35 12.50 17 MT Radial MTZs| Pro Comp 1069 polished 17x9s|Teraflex 2.5 BB|3/4 Skyjacker leveling spacer
Trail Guide Nav|Amsteel Synthetic rope 100'|Shrockworks Alum Fairlead|Grab Handles x 4|Front Winch Bumper|Rear Bumper w Tire Carrier
Tow Grp|Shrockworks Rock Sliders|T-Max 9k Winch|Wireless Winch Remote|Roadboy Fog Lights
Unread 05-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
Zero-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by daFoo
I'm looking all over as well just in case, since I already sold my old Jeep, and i'm now on 2 wheels till it arrives! AZ is getting hot too!
I printed out a list of the 100 closest dealers from the Jeep website and just started dialing. By the time I got to 50 or so I had maybe four salesmen working hard for me to also try and find some. I did realize that even the dealer inventory search function lags several days sometimes, so maybe just investing an afternoon and dialing for dollars could locate your vehicle.

Good luck!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.