Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

goodbye mpg!

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  JEEP_GREEN_4DR 
#1 ·
I had a old 89 YJ Sahara sittin in my barn with no engine, did have a sbc till it blew up. Well got married, moved so didnt have any coin to fix it... Just traded it yesterday for a new freedom top for my 2011 jk(small crack its fixable) with the harness and everything else to hook it up. Along with... A Smittybilt classic rock crawl front and rear bumper, with heavy duty tire carrier, a smittybilt 8000 lbs winch, new olympic step rock sliders, and a smittybilt front and rear xcr fender armor kit! He also threw in some bushwhacker fender flares for my bro in laws xj! Needless to say pretty happy with the trade! Now ut just expadites the need for a lift and tires! Had planned on doin this stuff down the road...like couple years, only had the new jk for 2 months But now i just gotta have it! Thinkin a 2.5 inch lift with atleast 33s... Was gettin about 20 mpg, now ill get 15 like i expected but itll look so much better ;) its my dd will see some trail usage but nothing to extreme. Think ill cruise over to the crawl website see what they have! Sorry had to post its like an early christmas for my jk!

#4 ·
Still possible to reach 18-19MPG. I get a pretty consistent 18-19MPG with my JKU running 3:73 gearing, 6spd, 33x12.50's, 3" lift, LoD bumpers, winch, AEV snorkel and superchips Tow tune. I find the key is anything over 60MPH you are going to see your MPG drop like a rock!

#7 ·
Drive slow and your fuel economy will be decent

#9 ·
What you need to do is stock your driveway full of vehicles that get REALLY BAD fuel economy. At this point the BAD fuel economy of the JK looks really good. By driving my JKU I get 25% to 50% better fuel economy than in my LJ.

#10 ·
djcrawfo said:
What you need to do is stock your driveway full of vehicles that get REALLY BAD fuel economy. At this point the BAD fuel economy of the JK looks really good. By driving my JKU I get 25% to 50% better fuel economy than in my LJ.
Exactly...the 13.9 from my jk is way better than the 8-10 from my 3/4 ton suburban :) my wifes regal turbo depresses me, though:(

Sent from my Android

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.