Good useful JK accessory for a Bday present... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Good useful JK accessory for a Bday present...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
Twisted

Good useful JK accessory for a Bday present...

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while since my XJ met it's demise, and never posted in JK forum anyways, but my boss at work just got a 4 door and we are looking at bday gift options for him. We usually all pitch in and get him something but not sure what the hot items out there are right now.

He's pretty simple and likes factory fit and finish. Jeep has a couple inch lift/level with new tires. He's not in to bling or off roading. This is just a driver to get him where ever he needs to be no matter the weather and such.

So what are some accessories that you guys have and love. We're gonna be in the $100-$200 range. Was thinking some husky liners or some other brand for a start. I know he took the dealers spare tire cover off cause he didn't like their logo on it. He is a no logo/brand type of guy.

All suggestions appreciated.

[U]My vehicles[/U]
97 Cherokee: 4.0, RE Lift, 33" Trxus MT's, Yukon 4.56's, and locked front and rear...
87 Mazda Extra cab p/u: 2.5" body drop and full air ride
99 Honda Civic SI: Electron Blue Pearl - [color=red]Sold[/color][/size]
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

If he ever takes the top off, spiderwebshade trail mesh. Probably my single favorite thing for the price! Though my current top is heavy and awkward so I don't take it off.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I have the rugged ridge floor mats and cargo mat. They look and function great.

Grab handles are another popular choice to make it easier to get in the Jeep.

The various Tuffy security boxes are handy to keep valuables in.
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

custom design spare tire cover. favorite team logo or whatever he is into.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the floor liner idea. That's something that is useful to just about any Jeep owner.

I have the OEM Jeep slush mats in mine with a Quadtratec cargo liner. The cargo liner I like, the Jeep slush mats...not so much. Not enough coverage with them. I will eventually replace them with Weathertech liners.

Spiderweb shade is another good idea - I also have one of those and love it.

I just installed a dead pedal from MORE Offroad yesterday, and already wish I'd done that sooner. That would only work if his JK is an automatic though, and only runs about $60.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Metalman
2014 JK Wrangler 

Weathertech floor liners, I love mine.
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
blue-coupe
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
If he ever takes the top off, spiderwebshade trail mesh. Probably my single favorite thing for the price! Though my current top is heavy and awkward so I don't take it off.
How much does that spiderweb shade flap around at speed?

Also, I love their video! "I often find it's best to recline the seat.".....
blue-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

ordered my 1st Jeep and want to monitor this thread for ideas
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Question; if you plan on bed lining your tub in the future, will the lack of carpet mess with the fit of the floor mats?
Unread 08-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
Metalman
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitsleazy View Post
Question; if you plan on bed lining your tub in the future, will the lack of carpet mess with the fit of the floor mats?
I can't speak for the other brands, but the weathertech floor liners fit nice and snug with or without carpet.. my carpet is removed.
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
AEVBrute

Hands down the best accessory, $80 dollars Mopar or $60 or less on ebay. Plugs in to the OBD2 port, plug in and run wire less than 10 minutes
dscn0024.jpg  
AEVBrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
AEVBrute

Not for the boss but for others that are looking for ideas. Mopar EVTS GPS tracking, for those that have a lot of hard earned money invested in their baby. Emails you when the battery drops beow 12v, speed limiter if the wife or kids borrows it, perimeter violation if it goes more than x number of miles away from the landmark you set. Plugs in to the OB2 port, self install in 30 mins.

Roughly $300 and $150 a year monitoring, worth every penny.

http://www.mopar.com/shop/evts/
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Between the things in this thread and the ELM 327 bluetooth devices, cars are going to have to come with multiple OBDII ports soon.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #14
AEVBrute

I forgot to say, the ecometer and the evts tracking can both be plugged in to the OBD2 port at the same time. the EVTS harness takes the original harness and pigtails in to it and then provides a new plug. It is done this way so the EVTS can be hidden from thieves and cheating wives and speeding kids. The ecometer then plugs in to the final plug. When you visit the dealership or shop the ecometer is unplugged temporarily. The evts is never disturbed.
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #15
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

twisted,

Spriderweb shade is a great choice. Everyone who has them loves them, I've seen three in person and all say it doesn't really flap around. It will be one of the next mods I get. Weathertech floor mats are top notch cannot go wrong with those either

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.