Going to look at a 2010 4Dr Rubicon tonight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Going to look at a 2010 4Dr Rubicon tonight

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
jeffself
2010 JK Wrangler 

Going to look at a 2010 4Dr Rubicon tonight

Its the package I want with 4DR, Automatic, dual top and tow package. Only downside is its black. I love black but it will definitely require more work on my part to keep it clean. Wanted to get a 2011 when they were rumored to get the new motor but now that I've heard thats not happening, I figure go for a 2010 especially with the 36 month 0% financing.

I know I don't NEED a Rubicon but I know if I don't get one, I'll wish I did. Bringing the wife to do the negotiating since I'll probably give in since I want one so bad and the salesperson is a very attractive lady. Need reinforcements!

Any advice for me?

If I get it, how soon should I order the performance chip?

Last edited by jeffself; 07-19-2010 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Forgot to mention 4 door
jeffself is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffself View Post
Its the package I want with dual top and tow package. Only downside is its black. I love black but it will definitely require more work on my part to keep it clean. Wanted to get a 2011 when they were rumored to get the new motor but now that I've heard thats not happening, I figure go for a 2010 especially with the 36 month 0% financing.

I know I don't NEED a Rubicon but I know if I don't get one, I'll wish I did. Bringing the wife to do the negotiating since I'll probably give in since I want one so bad and the salesperson is a very attractive lady. Need reinforcements!

Any advice for me?

Post the pics when you get it home! Your screwed, you don't have a chance. Just Empty Every Pocket.
Unread 07-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
skivviss
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
as fast as you must, as slow as you can.

each jeep owners ability to resist/slow the purchase of jeep mods starts at varying levels, but all degrade over time to the same non-existent level.

enjoy!
skivviss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skivviss View Post
as fast as you must, as slow as you can.

each jeep owners ability to resist/slow the purchase of jeep mods starts at varying levels, but all degrade over time to the same non-existent level.

enjoy!
This is so true! I took me a couple of years before I really started spending money. Now I can't stop. On the bright side, it is fun.
chickenhawk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
Ravik
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I love black but it will definitely require more work on my part to keep it clean.
What is this 'clean' you refer to?

I gave mine a bath yesterday just to get the three layers of bugs off the windshield, off the grill, out of the radiator... But now that the outside of the glass is clean and lets in some light, I can see the thick layer of dirt all over the inside of the Jeep.

Guess I'll have to pull the carpet and hose it out.

See what happens when you make a clean spot!?
Unread 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I know I don't NEED a Rubicon but I know if I don't get one, I'll wish I did.
The most truthful statement ever told. If I get another Jeep someday, it has to be a Rubicon. All or nothing. (Especially is the 2011-up dont even come with a D44 in rear unless you buy a Rubi.)
Unread 07-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Might as well change the title to "Bought a 2010 4Dr Rubicon tonight".
Unread 07-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
jonnytc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Don't let the color stop you. Take it from a former detailer; when your off-roading it doesnt matter what color you have to keep it clean. Yeah black is one of the hardest colors to clean but you and your jeep will like it better when its dirty. Means you had a good time in it!!! good luck and if you are even questioning yourself on a rubi then just get the darn rubi already and be done with it . Since you are towing; the rubi maybe a better fit anyway with the gear ratio since you want an automatic. Just some friendly advice and my opinion.

jc

2005 LJ Rubicon Unlimited Black--For anywhere I want to go

Did you Wave to a JK today???
jonnytc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #9
jeffself
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bought a 2010 4Dr Rubicon tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Might as well change the title to "Bought a 2010 4Dr Rubicon tonight".
You were right.
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You were right.
I hope that means you bought it?
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
jeffself
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos85 View Post
I hope that means you bought it?
Yep.
Unread 07-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
jonnytc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Congrats!!!

2005 LJ Rubicon Unlimited Black--For anywhere I want to go

Did you Wave to a JK today???
jonnytc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
Thx1158
2010 JK Wrangler 

Congrats! I got my 2010 Rubicon a couple of weeks ago after waiting way too long for the Pentastar....I'm so happy I just did it. Nothing like a Jeep
Thx1158 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
munkyv22
2010 JK Wrangler 

Grats!

I've had my 2010 Rubi Unlimited for a month now. I love it!

Advice? As far as buying it, pretty straight forward if you have ever bought any cars, same drill.

Things I learned by mucking about in mine?

1. The fancy Rubi stuff (lockers and sway disco) only work in 4L. (The chip can fix this)

2. The traction control system remains engaged in 4H. You can (and in my experience) should turn it off for off-roading. Snow/Ice, sure leave it on, but flying through the sand and trails where I live, it just made her sluggish and hard to stay up-to-speed.

3. The hard top will chip if you even look at it wrong.

4. If you (for some dumb reason) have the alarm set in your garage and your doors off, when you re-attach the first wiring harness for a door, the alarm will sound. Have your keys handy...

5. When you are unbolting your doors, be careful how wild you get with the ratchet. The rockrail can paint chip pretty easily.

That's all I can think of. Enjoy her and get her dirty as often as you can.
munkyv22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2010 , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.