on going JK questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > on going JK questions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
desertriding
2013 JK Wrangler 

on going JK questions

Picking up my 2013 2 dr Rubicon in 60-90 days ...planning on trying to immediately trade the stock rims/tires to a tire dealer (Les Schwab in Oregon) for at least 33's.and do a Pro Cal recalibration. Will also go to the 2.5" Tera Flex spring lift with the shock extensions as soon as is possible. Front bumper will also be changed to a Quadratek winch bumper package.....all initially. Later in fall I will access the skid situation.

Questions: If I change the tires right away and later add the lift W/in weeks, will a Jeep dealer give me problems with warrenty issues if any? The servicing dealer will not be the same dealer as the selling dealer (different states)?? If I get new rims (17") how much of an off-set rim (whose and dimentions) do I need if going wider to say something like 33/ 12:50's and not using wheel spacers. Have read several threads (several of mine as well) and am still confused....I do not initially want to go hard core this rig will be dual purpose, and get me where i want to go without body damage.

All recommendations and thoughts are welcome...thanks in advance....Desertriding's new on/off road project....

desertriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

The Dealer warranty is up to the dealer. I would contact them to make sure first.

On thing to keep in mind with the TeraFlex 2.5" lift is you have to run wheels with 4.5" or less BS or wheel spacers. So, keep that in mind if you swap out the wheels.

If there is anything we can do or if you have any quesitons, please feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
mello

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertriding
Picking up my 2013 2 dr Rubicon in 60-90 days ...planning on trying to immediately trade the stock rims/tires to a tire dealer (Les Schwab in Oregon) for at least 33's.and do a Pro Cal recalibration. Will also go to the 2.5" Tera Flex spring lift with the shock extensions as soon as is possible. Front bumper will also be changed to a Quadratek winch bumper package.....all initially. Later in fall I will access the skid situation.

Questions: If I change the tires right away and later add the lift W/in weeks, will a Jeep dealer give me problems with warrenty issues if any? The servicing dealer will not be the same dealer as the selling dealer (different states)?? If I get new rims (17") how much of an off-set rim (whose and dimentions) do I need if going wider to say something like 33/ 12:50's and not using wheel spacers. Have read several threads (several of mine as well) and am still confused....I do not initially want to go hard core this rig will be dual purpose, and get me where i want to go without body damage.

All recommendations and thoughts are welcome...thanks in advance....Desertriding's new on/off road project....
Dealer's do not like vehicles that were not bought at their dealership. They will work on it but might not be as willing to work with you as selling dealer. Time will for sure tell though.
mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

They can void any of the related warranty to the mods as related to the issue it had caused. IF you very worried about this best to keep it stock. You break an axle they can say it was from the larger tires. The radio breaks they can not say it was from the lift. If drive lines go bad after the lift, they can and have a right to say its do to the lift. some are picky some are not. Fact is they can pull the ABUSE card at will as well. depends on the dealer and how you talk to them.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.