GeorgiaJK07 is the Winner of The December 2012 JK of the Month Contest - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > GeorgiaJK07 is the Winner of The December 2012 JK of the Month Contest

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

View Poll Results: Vote here for the December, JK of the Month!
GeorgiaJK07 27 36.99%
BORRONGO 9 12.33%
08Helotes 4 5.48%
PghChamp 9 12.33%
Tanimal 14 19.18%
Winterwheeler 10 13.70%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

GeorgiaJK07 is the Winner of The December 2012 JK of the Month Contest

Here It Is!
The December 2012
JK of the Month Contest
Starts Now!

GeorgiaJK07

*Suspension & Tires*
Rough Country 3.5" Series II Suspension Kit
N2.0 Series Shocks
18” Moto Metal 961, Custom Painted to match
35" TOYO Open Country Tires

*Armor*
Rugged Ridge XHD Modular front bumper w/ Pre-Runner guard
Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards
Smittybilt SRC Rear Bumper

*Recovery*
Warn 9000lb Wireless Winch

*Misc.*
Bushwacker flat flares
IPC LED Smoked Tail lights and 3rd brake light
Custom matte black decals
Hi-Jack w/ rear roll bar mount
Eyelids & Grill inserts
I bought my first jeep almost 2 years ago, I had been driving a 87 ford bronco that i was dropping money into since i was 16 just to keep it running. I enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in 2008 and deployed to Marjah, Afghanistan in the Helmand Province in 2010-2011. Saving all the extra pay i was receiving, i returned home and purchased my first jeep in March 2011 and sold my 87 bronco severel months later for $3,500 and used every penny of it for modiifications. A wrangler was something that i was always interested in even before i could drive and when the 4 door unlimited was introduced i was determined to have one. This was a reward to myself after completing my enlistment in the USMC and its a memorial to all my brothers who have served and those who didnt make it back. We lost 17 and took hundreds wounded in action, definitely something i will never forget and my Jeep is a memorial for them. I take pride in doing all the extra mods myself here in Chattanooga, TN.

BORRONGO

Mods: RIPP Super Chargerger, Tera Flex Leveling Kit, 35" Tires, Rugged Ridge Flares, a whole bunch of Vision-X LED Lights, 5:13 Yukon Gears.

08Helotes

Mods: Rough Country 2.5" lift, 285/70/17 BF Goodrich KM2's, Rugged Ridge Grab Handles, Rugged Ridge Side Steps, Plasti-Dipped Grille (And Hinges)
Story: My parents purchased this Jeep for me after driving a 1983 Ford Bronco for the first year of having my license. It was a gift for my 17th birthday; it already had 2 owners, and only had 39k on the odo. All stock 2008 "Wrangler X" model, with AC/Heat, and 3.73 gearing. Had donuts on it when we went to see it, but the dealership swapped in new tires off a different jeep on the lot when I bought it. Since then I have spent every paycheck on buying stuff for my Jeep! Upgraded the lift and tires with the summer paychecks, and now I'm working in all of my spare time during high school working when I can to earn some money to spend on the Jeep!

PghChamp

Mods: 2.5" Rough Country BB, Or_Fab Stinger, Alloy Axle Shafts (front), 35" Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Steelies, XRC-8 winch, JKS quick Disconnects/ Rear adjustable End links,Bushwacker Flat Flares, Poison Spyder Heavy Duty Cross Member, Rubicon Rock Rails.

Tanimal

Mods: Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel system with Bilstein 5100s, XD Addict rims wrapped in 35x12.5x17 KM2s, Riddler diff covers, Poison Spyder front bumper, Teraflex hinged tire carrier, ACE rock sliders, Posion Spyder Evap Canister skid, Monstalined tub, Surprise Straps, reupholsteredvinyl seats, painted inside of hardtop black, best CB mounting location ever, Smittybilt tailgate G.E.A.R panel, and LED interior dome light.
Story (optional): I just recently got into the offroad world and purchased my 2 door about 1 year ago. Took it offroad a couple times stock and I was hooked. Been dumping as much money as I can into it as often as possible. All the work on the Jeep was done by myself/buddies/family so it's been a great learning experiance and I've met a lot of awesome people!

Winterwheeler

World’s first JK modified to resemble a Willys Wagon. The hood bump was cut from a Lincoln, the grill is made from 90 degree bar stock from the hardware store. The entire package was brought together by Western Paint and Body Works of Calgary Alberta Canada. I still have plans for a very modest lift, more aggressive tires and plain steel wheels (to enhance the vintage look). My winch is receiver mounted and the Jillys is wired both front and back with Warn couplers for power.

Well there we have it!
The final group of 2012
Good luck to all, You're going to need it!

JK of the year is just around the bend and it's gunna' be quite a show

JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
FreeLantz
Are we havin' fun yet?

2013 JK Wrangler 

Man....TOUGH decision here guys, all of them are awesome. I appreciate the younger fella working on minimum wage to mod his Jeep, I was there myself once as were many of us. The rest of them are just incredible, and to PGH and Tanimal, holy flex batman! I'm impressed. It's going to be a tough call for me. Good luck to all of y'all.
facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL
FreeLantz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
Man....TOUGH decision here guys, all of them are awesome. I appreciate the younger fella working on minimum wage to mod his Jeep, I was there myself once as were many of us. The rest of them are just incredible, and to PGH and Tanimal, holy flex batman! I'm impressed. It's going to be a tough call for me. Good luck to all of y'all.
Thanks, and bump! Merry Christmas to all!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

I like red 2 doors...

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
PGHCHAMP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHolliday View Post
I like red 2 doors...
me too

http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/
PGHCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

PGH got my vote, I tend to give the nod to the guy who focuses on items to improve his off road ability regardless of the scale it's done.

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
PGH got my vote, I tend to give the nod to the guy who focuses on items to improve his off road ability regardless of the scale it's done.
Thanks for voting ! Just confused as to which one of the contestants hasn't focused on improving off road ability?!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
xflstl
2010 JK Wrangler 

Is an upgrade truly an upgrade if it doesnt in some fashion upgrade your offroad ability.?
xflstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Didn't mean to imply others hadn't done the same, I just like the way he went about his business. BB and flat flares to clear 35's. HD crossmember is a must if you're going to beat on it. Added a bit of steel and a winch for protection and recovery. That'll get you on the trail in a hurry.

2 doors doesn't hurt when it comes to my vote

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

some great rigs all around. voted.
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Voted. Great rigs, but I had to go with GeorgiaJK07. 4 door love, and I am a UGA fan.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #13
Andyjr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
Voted. Great rigs, but I had to go with GeorgiaJK07. 4 door love:

x2
Andyjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #14
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Keep the votes coming in!
This Contest will end Sunday night and will be immediately followed by the 2012 JK of the Year Contest

We recently learned that All Winners of the 2012 JK of the Month Contests will be receiving a One Year Premium Membership from JeepForum.
This will include all past winners back to January 2012.
The JK of the Year Winner will receive a Lifetime Premium Membership from JeepForum.
All of this is in addition to the goodies that TeraFlex and MetalCloak provide for the winners each month!

JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #15
xflstl
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Keep the votes coming in!
This Contest will end Sunday night and will be immediately followed by the 2012 JK of the Year Contest

We recently learned that All Winners of the 2012 JK of the Month Contests will be receiving a One Year Premium Membership from JeepForum.
This will include all past winners back to January 2012.
The JK of the Year Winner will receive a Lifetime Premium Membership from JeepForum.
All of this is in addition to the goodies that TeraFlex and MetalCloak provide for the winners each month!

Sweet!!!!!! Nice upgrade to prizes.. thanks sponser's.....
xflstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.