Genright Alum bumpers install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Genright Alum bumpers install

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 06-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
JASJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Genright Alum bumpers install

Purchased their front and rear aluminum bumpers. Happy with the look of them and with the finish I applied. Very light weight as well. Used a Wurth product called Stone Guard Black. Made for rocker panels and bumpers, a nice textured look, goes on thick and kind of rubbery on the surface. Only could order direct from Wurth USA, kind of strange no one resells it anymore.

Overall installation went OK but could have been a little easier, there was cutting involved at the ends of the front bumper mounting areas and some widening of the holes in the bumper. Sawzall and grinder needed, also some POR 15 to apply to cut/ground areas.

Pictures: To follow. Why can't I upload them? resized to 800x600. Are there problems on the site?

Last edited by JASJ; 06-30-2013 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: still trying pictures
JASJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

looking forward to the photos. been thinking about their rear alum bumper. how was the install on that and did you have to cut any of the bumper for the tow hitch?

did you wind up installing the backup lights?
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

op, would love to see pics. in your opine, will the protect as well as the usual heavy steel bumpers? tks
pentastarguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
JASJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes, 4 LED backups on rear. Trying to post pictures but still can't. 800x533 with 72 resolution and 171 kb. From my searching they've downsized what can be included as far as photos but I've done other in past month successfully. Moderators don't seem to reply. Spent a lot of time downsizing pictures, PITA. Use my laptop, not phone or ipad. Can anyone help on this?
JASJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Use photobucket and use the IMG code

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

They have been working on the picture format for the past week or so and keep saying they're almost done!
Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out sometime this week.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.