gearing charts for 07 and UP! Jk's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > gearing charts for 07 and UP! Jk's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

gearing charts for 07 and UP! Jk's

well i don't know if these have their own thread yet, but i've been seeing a lot of gearing questions lately so i thought id share. these are not mine, and opinions may differ but a lot of referrals have been made to these charts and i know many people that trust them. they are as follows: 3.8 auto, manual. followed by 3.6 auto then manual. hope these help guys

jkgearing.jpg   12-gear-chart.jpg  
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Crayzjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks

Thanks
Crayzjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

they've been saved on my desktop forever, thought id finally share, btw i found these years ago by simply googling
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Crayzjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

These have helped me a lot. Going to get a 2013 and wanted to look at how much the rubi 4.1 could do! 35s seem like they will be fine
Crayzjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

These are in the F.A.Q section on the top of the page. It seems to be a very elusive and difficult area for newcomers, but thanks for sharing it.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

i figured they were some where, im just tired of newbs not using the faq section, thought maybe if they saw the title it would stop the creation of one more useless thread
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
ncb

Will I be OK with 35s and 3.21 gears? LOL.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Will I be OK with 35s and 3.21 gears? LOL.
when people ask these questions from now on, im gonna make a reference to this chart, with out awaring them. "bro, thats not even in the yellow" they'd be so confused
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
starfish
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
i figured they were some where, im just tired of newbs not using the faq section, thought maybe if they saw the title it would stop the creation of one more useless thread
Wow.
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

yes i realize its highly hypocritical, but when i got here months ago, i read the faq's section, back then there was no chart for the '12, and even now they are in different threads so i thought i would just make it easy and put both in the same thread.
Unread 12-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Any idea of the RPM's at 70mph w 32" w 4.10
'09 JK X manual 3.8
Also, what do I shop for. Looking in 4WD or Quadratec catalogs I'm not sure of what I'm actually buying to regear? Is it the ring and pinion sets I see, or can it be done by adding a locker w different gears. This is one area I know little about. Can I buy a regeared locker for one diff (rear only?) and then regear the front diff?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #12
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

best thing to do is a lot of research, yes a regear is the ring and pinion in the diff, some can do this in the garage, but it is a special "skill" i guess you could say to get it right, so probably best to have a shop do it. you can add lockers, but they are sold separate from the ring and pinion usually, imo if your going to get a regear done, might as well save up till you have money for the lockers too, get it all done at once and save up on labor costs. sorry but i have no idea what the rpms are for the 3.8
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic
Any idea of the RPM's at 70mph w 32" w 4.10
'09 JK X manual 3.8
Also, what do I shop for. Looking in 4WD or Quadratec catalogs I'm not sure of what I'm actually buying to regear? Is it the ring and pinion sets I see, or can it be done by adding a locker w different gears. This is one area I know little about. Can I buy a regeared locker for one diff (rear only?) and then regear the front diff?

The chart up top in this post has RPM.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

I get it. I was looking at the colors, and not even noticing the rpm figures. Thx

Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.