Gas can carrier for stock Unlimited? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas can carrier for stock Unlimited?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
rufrdr

Gas can carrier for stock Unlimited?

Going to Death Valley next weekend and I want to carry an extra 5 gallon can of gas. My back bumper is stock so there is nothing there to bolt a gas can carrier to - it looks like it is all plastic. I checked out the Blitz adapter that mates up to their can carrier but it is for the old style GI can. I have the new plastic GI cans so that won't work. I don't want to put the carrier on the side of the body. I did that on my CJ7 many years ago and bent the body side when the can and carrier hit something. Any suggestions on where to put the carrier or how to carry the can outside?

Mine is the 4 door.

rufrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

trailer hitch and make one, or get a bumper of some sort. the gate is pretty flimsy, the extra 40 pds from the fuel can is going to take its toll

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
rufrdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
trailer hitch and make one, or get a bumper of some sort. the gate is pretty flimsy, the extra 40 pds from the fuel can is going to take its toll
I've got a receiver hitch on the vehicle. I'll have to look at that. I had a bolt on rack for my TJ with gas can carriers and the weight of the water and gas eventually cracked the gate so good advice on not attaching the can to the gate.

Thanks
rufrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think it’s time for an upgrade. Remember; if you want to play you have to pay.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

RotopaX Interlocking Containers

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
Rafic
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey check out the Daystar Cam Can. It mounts on the spare wheel. You can hook up 2 of them to back to back and can be locked with a padlock. I ordered mine, still waiting on delivery but it looks cool.

http://daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1219
Rafic is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.