Gas can carrier for stock Unlimited? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
rufrdr

Gas can carrier for stock Unlimited?

Going to Death Valley next weekend and I want to carry an extra 5 gallon can of gas. My back bumper is stock so there is nothing there to bolt a gas can carrier to - it looks like it is all plastic. I checked out the Blitz adapter that mates up to their can carrier but it is for the old style GI can. I have the new plastic GI cans so that won't work. I don't want to put the carrier on the side of the body. I did that on my CJ7 many years ago and bent the body side when the can and carrier hit something. Any suggestions on where to put the carrier or how to carry the can outside?

Mine is the 4 door.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Apostle
2015 KL Cherokee 

trailer hitch and make one, or get a bumper of some sort. the gate is pretty flimsy, the extra 40 pds from the fuel can is going to take its toll

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire
post #3 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
rufrdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
trailer hitch and make one, or get a bumper of some sort. the gate is pretty flimsy, the extra 40 pds from the fuel can is going to take its toll
I've got a receiver hitch on the vehicle. I'll have to look at that. I had a bolt on rack for my TJ with gas can carriers and the weight of the water and gas eventually cracked the gate so good advice on not attaching the can to the gate.

Thanks
post #4 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think it’s time for an upgrade. Remember; if you want to play you have to pay.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

post #6 of 6 Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Rafic
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey check out the Daystar Cam Can. It mounts on the spare wheel. You can hook up 2 of them to back to back and can be locked with a padlock. I ordered mine, still waiting on delivery but it looks cool.

http://daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1219

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.