Gas ): - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas ):

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 03-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #31
troy_boy

Now I remember why I dont have a Auto. Mine has been gittin 20, split on dirt road and highway. Break that baby in right. I had a ford once that got 10. Could be worse. But you know, it is a Jeep, Coool.

[B][COLOR="SandyBrown"][SIZE="2"]Jeep is #1[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="2"]LOL.....CHEERS[/SIZE][/B]

2007 Wrangler, 2dr. 33" Claws, Procomp Bead Sim 16", Fabtech 3" lift, 2,200 Watt Box w/Jenson Dvd/Xm Player, Dented Tailgate, Cracked Windshield, tree stump ding, I love it!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=108141"][B][COLOR="Blue"]My Pics[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
troy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #32
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Welcome to Jeep ownership!
Unread 03-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #33
HellifIknow

Here's the thing: We wouldn't even be talking about mpg if what this is really about is that gas prices are high and going up. And I'm wondering what it's going to feel like when I finish paying off my 48 mos.--It'll be 2011--and gas is $5/gal.

The reason they don't make a power plant that gets better mileage is because they know that you guys'll pay $3/gal for a Jeep that gets 12 mpg. Like bmac55said, it's the market. I say, the more noise about mpg, the sooner we get a more effecient engine.

Ya can't stop the future from coming, fellas.
HellifIknow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #34
skellener

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellifIknow
I say, the more noise about mpg, the sooner we get a more effecient engine.
Exactly my point. If everyone would make the effort to complain about the mpg and stop just saying "it's a brick, live with it", maybe you would see better mpg out of the Wrangler.

Gas prices are high. We should be pissed that Wranglers get crummy mileage. Wouldn't you like to save money? Doesn't it make sense to have more options available? What's wrong with offering a diesel, a hemi (for those who want it) and even and alternative fuel Wrangler? Seems to me it would make the Wrangler a much more versatile vehicle with options like these. Even more than having painted fender flares. I really do dig both the new 2DR and 4DR JKs.

Choice is a good thing to have.
skellener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #35
Bamoman
2007 JK Wrangler 

this is a Jeep Forum Jeepers creepers, maybe you should run away ( hopefully from this forum) and join a american debate team or somethang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers3
You can't really blame the people. It's what they are trained to do as a result of the American school system - just take the spoonfed answers that someone gives you as the truth, rather than thinking for yourself. These days, thinking for yourself in school will get you put on Ritalin. It's actually part of a vast government conspiracy to rid the American people of their ability to think at all, so they do not question the government's debasing of the Constitution and are more than happy to succumb to the government's fear mongering and exchange their rights for so-called "security" all the while becoming enslaved to pay for the every growing increase in government and the notion that it is here to solve all your problems for you - a notion that the American people are quickly becoming addicted to - but hey, that's a topic for another thread. (:

I also think that Hummers got tagged as evil due to their high expense. There is an element of classism attached to Hummers that just doesn't apply to cheaper SUVs, such as the Wrangler.

Auto|Sirius|Trac-lok Rear Diff |35 12.50 17 MT Radial MTZs| Pro Comp 1069 polished 17x9s|Teraflex 2.5 BB|3/4 Skyjacker leveling spacer
Trail Guide Nav|Amsteel Synthetic rope 100'|Shrockworks Alum Fairlead|Grab Handles x 4|Front Winch Bumper|Rear Bumper w Tire Carrier
Tow Grp|Shrockworks Rock Sliders|T-Max 9k Winch|Wireless Winch Remote|Roadboy Fog Lights
Unread 03-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #36
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamoman
this is a Jeep Forum Jeepers creepers, maybe you should run away ( hopefully from this forum) and join a american debate team or somethang?
Arn't you a little old for this?
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #37
goose244

If I am not mistaken but aren'n you supposed to be using 87oct in the 07JK. I beleive it says on page 321 of your manual " The use of premium gasoline is not recommended. The use of premium gasoline will provide no benifit over high quality regular gosoline, and in some circumstances MAY result in POOR performance." I run 87 in mine and around town I average 17mpg and highway is around 21mpg. I would say put in the cheap stuff and say money for more toys!!!
goose244 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #38
truckin88
2006 TJ Wrangler 

if jeeps were fuel efficient no one would buy the caliber , anyways wouldn't 4.10 gears use more gas, that in mind you can't expect the best gas mileage, i don;t know of many suv's that get over 20, except a RAV4.
truckin88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #39
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin88
i don;t know of many suv's that get over 20, except a RAV4.
Hey, if I was getting 20, I wouldn't ***** at all (: I'd be happy if I got anywhere even close to 20. (:
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #40
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

yeah not sure now on miles. dont think the dealer ever calibrated my spedo for the large tires but if i got my percentage right on the tire increase (35" tires) i am getting around 12.5-15 mpg with an auto (so thats the 4.10 gears). I do wish mpg were better but i have bigger tires and a gear ratio less friendly to mpg. Overall it would be great to see better mpg for both economical reasons and for those who get the chance to do major off road weekends with no gas stations around.
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #41
luckyjeeper

Just took my jeep in for it's first service, abs recall and having them resetting the computer for the larger tires (he said they could do the 285/75R16 even tho I've heard 32" tires is the largest they can reset for, service guy probably doesn't even really know that!?) I'll run a tank after that and see what my numbers come out to. By the last tank, I got 18.8 mpg (my calculations, the trip computers read 20.5mpg) which is much better than the last few tanks where I got avg. of 17mpg. I went to a different gas station for this last tank, a BP as opposed to the cheapo Sams Club gas I've been using. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? I have the 3.21 gears, 33" tires, 2dr. hardtop and a 50/50 blend of hwy and intown driving, no offroad in the last tank.

BTW, after owning a 2000 TJ SE (4cyl) which got barely 16mpg on average, and when I put in the "Truck" plugs, i got about 12mpg. So this JK is a vast improvement already!
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #42
11Years1YJ

6 spd JK Unilimited (X), 5000 miles of a 1/3 highway, 2/3 city mix of driving:

16.74 MPG average, 17.56 MPG for last tank. Calculated. Haven't looked at the computer to see what it says.

I have to pay attention to shift points and remember to use 6th gear. I think those are the keys. I don't drive gingerly by any means.

11Years1YJ = 1994 Wrangler YJ for 11 excellent years
11Years1YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #43
luckyjeeper

That's right, when I drive nice and polite and shift properly, i get great MPG, but when I race around and rev to 3K and don't use 6th, it's lower. makes a big difference.

Of course, it's 80 degrees here today so I rode my motorcycle to work!! 70mpg on that baby!!
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #44
newjeepgirl
2007 JK Wrangler 

any chance of them making a hybrid?
newjeepgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #45
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeepgirl
any chance of them making a hybrid?
i really don't think so. the idea behind the wrangler isn't efficiency. it is designed for a specific group of people. granted it rides better now, but i haven't seen any real improved gas mileage posted over the TJ (don't split hairs about mods and driving habits, people).

and think about how upset people were just over this engine change...can you imagine the fallout over a hybrid?
i've also not been impressed with the engine output specs for hybrids. it may be fine for moving a honda down I-95, but it's not going to cut pulling a jeep up a tree. or out of the mud. or maybe even your driveway.
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54

Last edited by Poor Boy; 03-26-2007 at 03:04 AM..
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.