Garage door opener, soft top, 8000 miles.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Garage door opener, soft top, 8000 miles....

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
jeepers3

Garage door opener, soft top, 8000 miles....

Last edited by jeepers3; 05-23-2007 at 01:02 PM..
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
BirdsFanVa
2007 JK Wrangler 

Topless is great stuff. You can always lock it in your console or your glovebox if you are worried about security. I think it looks silly on the visor anyway and found that it rattles. I just leave mine in my Thule side storage as seen here, A great add on for $14.00. When your topless it helps keep little things from blowing around. It works and it is kind of out of sight out of mind. Like I tell the wife when she's in the Jeep, If it's important to her, take it with her. Just my opinion, but I really never even lock it with the soft top up or down.

[IMG][/IMG]
07 Black Sahara Unlimited 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift, RE quick discos, 3/4" front spacers, 16x8 soft 8's, BFG 33x12.50's MT's, Shrockworks rock rails. Bulldog rock crawler winch bumper, Warn M8000 and lot's of armor! (Mine)

08 Redrock X Unlimited (Hers)

http://www.novajeepers.com
BirdsFanVa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
FLSeaMonkey

I agree with Birds, I have the same Thule thingy and it comes in quite handy, garage opener, shades, tazer to keep all the beautiful women from attacking me in my Jeep etc....
FLSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #4
jeepers3

Last edited by jeepers3; 05-23-2007 at 01:21 PM..
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

I use a keychain garage door opener, no worries about leaving anything in the Jeep then.

You can get them for most popular makes and models of GDO.
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
alanlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers3
Good idea, but such a device is incompatible with side airbags (:

I see the side airbags tag on the seat in that photo too - I wonder if you thought about such a thing, or if you just don't care (and if so, then why get the side airbags), or if you think the side airbags will deploy fine even with such an item attached, or what.
I might be wrong here, but aren't the side airbags only on the *outside* sides of the seats? After all, they are designed to protect from a side-impact.
alanlight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #7
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlight
I might be wrong here, but aren't the side airbags only on the *outside* sides of the seats? After all, they are designed to protect from a side-impact.
That's true....but I couldn't tell from the photo that it was the inside part. I figured it was a photo of the driver's side, which would make it the outside. Doing a double take - yeah, I see that is the inside of the passenger's side (:
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
Matthew Davis
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

So, my question to you guys is - what strategy are you guys using for garage door openers?
Hi Jeepers,

I took the visor clip off the remote and found that it wedges perfectly in the little 'shelf' in the front of the center console (on the right front side inside). It stays put and out of the way.

Matt
Matthew Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
donkie

Flash to open is another option, but adding the keypad outside of your garage that opens the door also solves lockout problems...you could also replace your rear view mirror with an aftermarket temp/homelink mirror and open it from your Jeep that way. Tuffy security console is another place to stash it.
http://www.autodimmingmirrors.com/newstore/ About $150 or so on fleabay

Last edited by donkie; 04-24-2007 at 06:13 PM..
donkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
CJATE

I 3m mine up under the dash, out of sight.
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
BirdsFanVa
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Good idea, but such a device is incompatible with side airbags (:

I see the side airbags tag on the seat in that photo too - I wonder if you thought about such a thing, or if you just don't care (and if so, then why get the side airbags), or if you think the side airbags will deploy fine even with such an item attached, or what.

Yep. Side airbags deploy from the outside of the seat to the side of the vehicle. This does not hinder the deployment and the Thule is attached to the headrest and the bottom of the bucket.
07 Black Sahara Unlimited 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift, RE quick discos, 3/4" front spacers, 16x8 soft 8's, BFG 33x12.50's MT's, Shrockworks rock rails. Bulldog rock crawler winch bumper, Warn M8000 and lot's of armor! (Mine)

Unread 04-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
BirdsFanVa
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That's true....but I couldn't tell from the photo that it was the inside part. I figured it was a photo of the driver's side, which would make it the outside. Doing a double take - yeah, I see that is the inside of the passenger's side (:
No it's the inside. I would put another on if I could reach it behind me. I really love this cheap add on. The second compartment holds my cell at a perfect spot to hear it ring while heading down the road at 60+ with the top dropped.

Unread 04-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
MD23

Initially I had mine clipped to the seat adjustment bar under the driver's seat. That turned out to be more hassle than I was willing to deal with. My solution was to clip it upside down to the visor, and use a Sharpie to color the stainless clip to match the visor color. It does not interfere with visor operation.

If some pillar of society steals it and follows me home, I guess I will fall back on Smith and Wesson or, in my absence, the 85 pound Akita home security system.

Side bar ...I do not lock my doors even when the soft top is up either. It's cheaper and less inconvenient that way.
MD23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #14
Gr8gugly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

took advive from someone else and tucked it in the roll bar padding just above the drivers head. It isn't conspicuous but you know where it is and can operate it while it is still inside. I had it in the console but didn't like opening it everytime I wanted to get in the garage.
Gr8gugly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #15
joshg302

My dad is redoing his lawn and has a big mudpit and a big hump of dirt where grass should be. Forget the garage, he enjoys parking it in the mud with one tire up on the hump!!

Josh
joshg302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.