Gap between windshield and dash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Gap between windshield and dash

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Gap between windshield and dash

I thought I would bring to your attention that there is a significant gap between the dashboard and the windshield. I found this out recently when I put my iphone along with my house keys on my dash board before getting in the jeep. I then hopped in the jeep, picked up the phone, noticed I had put the house keys on the dash with the phone, went to grab them and they suddenly slipped down into the dash. I tried to reach them with my fingers but they fell in too deep to even touch them or see them. My house was locked and those were all of my house keys as I just had the house rekeyed recently. I then had to go to work for a few hours after which I would need to go to Houston in a company vehicle and would not return for a few days, which would be on a Friday night. I didn't have time to mess with it myself and I certainly didn't feel like fighting it Friday night when the temperature was going to be 30 degrees, which is damn cold for this part of the country.

I had no choice but to drop it off at the dealer before going to Houston. The dealer tried a magnet and a few things but could not get it out. They ended up having to pull the instrument cluster to get the house keys out of there.

I paid them $95 over the phone and was able to pick the Jeep up Friday night using my spare Jeep key.

So, here is a nice friendly warning to all of you not to put anything on the dash board or else it could fall down in there.

Unread 01-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
drvnwheel
2013 JK Wrangler 

There was a thread regarding stuffing some type of insulation in the "gap". I did install some 1/2 water pipe insulation into the gap. worked well, can't really see it and if you look it's the same color as the dash and looks "factory". Haven't had anything fall in since.
drvnwheel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.