Full Tracion 3" Long Arm. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Full Tracion 3" Long Arm.

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
JD-85CJ7
1985 CJ7 

Full Tracion 3" Long Arm.

Does anyone have some experience with the FT 3" LA kit for a 12 or 13? I am looking into it for my 13 JKUR. I just want to go with 35's on a DD/ weekend trail runs.

JD-85CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I do know that with a JK, which has longer control arms than the previous TJ, there is no need for a 3 in long arm kit for 35s...so, IMO, a waste of money better spent elsewhere, and, FT is not one of the better lifts for a JK in some opinions.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'd recommend doing a search on full traction. I can recall a thread that had many stories of poor customer service a while back. As Rocky said, there isn't really a reason for a "long arm" on a JK, as the control arms are already long enough. DD/weekend trail runs? Don't mind spending cash on a "proper" setup? Choose any brand of full-control arm 3" lift kit. I'm running a Teraflex 3" full flexarm lift and it is great IMHO. There are plenty of other reputable lifts out there to get.

That being said, you can also get a 2.5" BB that will work fine and won't break the bank. Happy lift hunting!
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
JD-85CJ7
1985 CJ7 

Thanks for the opinions. I am not the BB kind of guy I want a good legit suspension. I saw a jeep with the FT kit, I don't know how it would do on the trails. I am leaning towards the metalcloak game changer lite 3.5 or Teraflex. Just trying to do my homework and get exactly what I want with no regrets.
JD-85CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Well, I can't exactly place it, but I'm sure that I heard less-than-tasteful things about full traction.

If you go with any 3" lift, be aware that you should get a kit that corrects your pinion/caster angles, extends brake lines and disconnects, and definitely get an adjustable front trackbar to center your front axle - the rear you can use either a trackbar relocation mount, adjustable rear trackbar or both. You will need exhaust spacers on a 12+. You are also nearing the point where you will eventually need new to take driveshafts into consideration. The TF full flexarm kit with the monster adjustable trackbar works great IMHO, solid, greasable, no troubles. Just my $0.02.
Unread 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

One of my friends here has their 6in long arm kit. It is real nice and drives well and flexes well. No for the bad news, yes full traction has the worst costumer service. I bought some of their boomerang shackles for my YJ, it took forever to get a hold of them to place the order, and they acted like they could care less. I have requested a catalog from them and have never received it. I think they make great products, it is to bad they do not care about potential sales.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^ How big are your friends tires?
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

He is running a 38 toyo mt's. His set up is pretty slick, no rubbing at all.
dsc_0031.jpg

dsc_0036.jpg

jserna is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.