Fuel mileage up on KBB - unlimited rated at 27 highway! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel mileage up on KBB - unlimited rated at 27 highway!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #16
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul olllllllo
seriously though; I know the mileage will be alot better than what i have now, its just that i have never owned a vehicle that actually got the advertised MPG.
That's OK (well, not OK, but...) - the point is to make a reproducible comparison, even if it does not reflect real life usage, it is comparable between vehicles.

It tells you that there should be some improvement.

P.S. I am surprised that folks buy huge trucks, with justification that they need them twice a year, and use them as daily drivers with 20K+ commute miles per year.

They can finance a brand new Fit or Versa or xA on money saved on gas for commuting - in addition to the truck, and save on depreciation of the truck to pay for the added insurance. And have two cars.

Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #17
Karamba

Posting in a wrong place.
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #18
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
That's OK (well, not OK, but...) - the point is to make a reproducible comparison, even if it does not reflect real life usage, it is comparable between vehicles.

It tells you that there should be some improvement.

P.S. I am surprised that folks buy huge trucks, with justification that they need them twice a year, and use them as daily drivers with 20K+ commute miles per year.

They can finance a brand new Fit or Versa or xA on money saved on gas for commuting - in addition to the truck, and save on depreciation of the truck to pay for the added insurance. And have two cars.

I cant argue with you on that ^ . to be honest (at the risk of being flamed here) I got my wrangler because of the ability to remove the roof and doors, I wanted a convertible and I thought "why not get convertable & off-road ability as well". heck I have had this particular jeep for over a year now and still havent had it off-road yet. I am trying to talk my wife into letting me trade it in for a souped up Mini Cooper and then in a few years get the 4 door JK....she isnt too cool with it though as she enjoys driving the unlilmited as well.

all things being equal I wish I had kept my 99 sahara because it was paid off and the gas prices wouldnt matter as much since I wouldnt have a car payment.

ah well...live and learn.
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #19
Karamba

The board keeps placing posts in the wrong sequence. - delete
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #20
Karamba

That happened again - OK, I will stop posting until it is fixed.
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #21

Wow, this is really annoying, haha.
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #22

If you pay attention to what sells in this country, you'll realize Americans don't actually WANT fuel efficient vehicles. They want big and capable vehicles. I was in Rome and Paris a couple of months ago. No thank you.
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #23
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj3394
for the 2 wheel drive.

I would imagine the 2 door versions will come in a little higher in their respective trim lines.
Apparently those numbers are bogus.

Window sticker for Camp Jeep 4dr Unlmited Rubicon said 16/19.

Which actually sounds OK. I would not drive it daily anyway.
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #24
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by 103
No thank you.
What is wrong with small cars? Hurt your ego?

Nothing wrong with a big tow truck for a weekend trip - but it does sound stupid to commute to work in it. Not that you buy any driving performance.

My daily car is quite thirsty - but it has speed to show for it. And unlike some folks buying monster SUVs on credit, I can afford it.

If you want just to waste your money - like the rest of insecure American masses - no problem. Go ahead.
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #25

How about I'm 6'3" and well over 200 pounds. My Jeep was a compromise. I simply do not drive small cars. 99% are pieces of unparalleled crap. They fall apart extremely quickly and the ones that do not are not worth the extra cost. And they are UGLY. If I am buying anything, I buy it to be usable and enjoyable. I'm not going to waste money on some POS that will oh so barely (if at all) save me money in the long run. And, frankly, I can't afford insurance on two vehicles.

Oh, and good job disregarding the rest of my post. Americans do not want little econoboxes that plague Europe. Otherwise hybrid sales would be higher and V8s would be disappearing and getting smaller, not getting bigger and put in more and more vehicles.

Also, good job being an *** and completely and utterly misreading my post. Those cars in Rome were in horrible condition, puking diesel smoke, and could barely fit my feet much less the rest of me. The only decent vehicles I saw were a couple of CJs and some Wranglers. London, otoh, had some extremely nice cars, but they were big ol gas-guzzlers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.