Front Windshield Washer Not Working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Windshield Washer Not Working

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
ashtonsides

Front Windshield Washer Not Working

(2007 Wrangler JK Unlimited) I was driving out of town one day (had been using my washers to clean off bugs every once in a while) and after a little while, the front washer stopped spraying. It hasn't worked ever since. When I pull back the knob to use the washers the wipers do work, just no fluid. The back washer does work just fine. The washer motor does not make a noise when I try to use the front, but it does make a noise for the back. So, I checked the fuse (it's the same for front and back apparently anyways) and it was good. Took the motor out to test for a signal and found that it is getting a signal when used for the back, but not the front.

So I've pretty much narrowed it down to the switch in the dash I'm guessing? Any advice or other things to check? Anybody know off hand what I need to replace before I have the dealership to take a look at it? I hope somebody can lead me in the right direction. Help is much appreciated! Gotta keep that windshield clean...Jeeps aren't supposed to get dirty, right?

ashtonsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
ncb

Polarity is reversed to the pump to spray the front or rear glass. What do you mean when you say you're not getting a signal?
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
ashtonsides

I checked that the washer motor was receiving a current (I forget what it's called, it's like a multimeter but instead of giving a reading the light bulb on top flashes).
Unread 04-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like it's probably the switch. You can test that too.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
ashtonsides

What is the best way to test the switch? I also forgot to mention explicitly that everything apart from the front washer fluid works fine.
Unread 04-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonsides
I checked that the washer motor was receiving a current (I forget what it's called, it's like a multimeter but instead of giving a reading the light bulb on top flashes).
I had a bad connection on mine and found with a digital voltmeter hooked up it would show +12 volts when selecting front spray and -12 volts when selecting rear spray. You might want to check it again.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #7
ashtonsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
I had a bad connection on mine and found with a digital voltmeter hooked up it would show +12 volts when selecting front spray and -12 volts when selecting rear spray. You might want to check it again.
Forgive my lack of knowledge here But what exactly are you suggesting that I look for?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.